Dr. James Goodyear, FACS
Surgeon, General Surgery

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Amazing Doctor and Effective Hernia Repair show details Amazing Doctor and Effective Hernia Repair
by Don P. on Mar 3rd, 2014

Dr. Goodyear was amazing, caring, and effective. I had minimal pain and was hitting tennis balls three days after the surgery (even played college tennis about a year later at age 50). Ten years later, the repair is still like new. Traveling across the country from CA to have this done by Dr. Goodyear was one of the best decisions I made in my lifetime.

Engineer show details Engineer
by Bill B. on Nov 5th, 2013

Not knowing any better, my first inguinal repair, and subsequent recurrence were done by the common, barbaric tension repair. Each time, it was about a month before I could stand straight without pain and then several months before I felt "normal". A few years after this, I was diagnosed with an umbilical hernia. Since it didn't hurt and I was in no hurry to have it repaired, I frequently searched online determined to find a better alternative. Prior to finding out that I had an inguinal on the opposing side of my other surgeries, I found North Penn Hernia institute and decided that this was where I was going to have the surgery done. To make a long story short, I got to Lansdale on Thursday night, went to the hospital Friday morn. spoke with Dr. Goodyear, had the surgery and walked out of the hospital. The next morning, Dr. Goodyear came to the hotel and cleared me to go home. After a couple of days of minor pain, I went back to work for half a day on Monday, then Tuesday was doing jumping jacks to show the people at work how amazed I was that I could stand and move without pain. Dr. Goodyear is a great doctor and a great person. Anytime I overhear someone talking about hernias, I can't help but join the conversation and suggest a trip to North Penn.

Incredible Surgeon! show details Incredible Surgeon!
Sep 24th, 2012

I had complications from a previous hernia repair that Dr Goodyear fixed. After consulting 4 different surgeons, Dr Goodyear was the only one who would take on my very difficult case, and helped me get my life back. A great surgeon and a great guy.

Best Hernia Doctor show details Best Hernia Doctor
Apr 6th, 2012

Dr. Goodyear is simply the best hernia surgeon. He repaired my inguinal hernia (which was large and double-recurred from previous surgeries by other doctors). Dr. Goodyear was very professional. The recovery was easy and the results were perfect. It's been six months since my surgery and I feel great.

Dr. Goodyear = Awesome show details Dr. Goodyear = Awesome
Dec 1st, 2011

Dr. Goodyear repaired a large inguinal hernia I had. It actually was my third surgery on the same surgery (two other surgeries botched by other doctors), so this was very complicated.Recovery was quick, and I was able to go on (and enjoy) vacation about three weeks later, with lots of walking and swimming.

Jul 16th, 2011