Dr. James Grifo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 20th, 2016
Great staff but the doctor grifo was hardly involved
I have been going to this practice for 7 months and I saw DR. Grifo only twice. If you have a question you have to contact his secretary who is amazing she makes a date and time for you to speak to him a day or two days later. When he does call he has no clue where your holding and if you question him he makes you feel like he knows everything and don't ask. The staff is very nice positive and work well with the patience. I don't like that I always get a different nurse calling with my results and if you have a question and want to call the nurse they never pick up. You can leave a message and sometimes you get a call back. I wish dr. Grifo was more involved in my ivf but I hardly interacted with him. So it's hard to say if he is that good as the reviews.

March 27th, 2015
incredible
I'm absolutely serious when I say I wish the person responsible for implementing this operation would run for president of the world. This may seem hyperbolic, but to a knowing patient it's only the beginning of enough praise. Dr. Grifo, his colleagues and staff, their process and procedures are the most knowledgable and on-point, efficient and effective orchestration I've encountered in life. Forget all your frustration, the level of excellence in this office is so smoothly carried out its like a bizarre vacation. Only wish I could get them to deliver the baby that they gave me!

September 25th, 2014
Great doctor and team!
I just "graduated" from Dr. Grifo's care to an OB's, and I miss him and his team dearly! Dr. Grifo is patient, compassionate, and his expertise put all my concerns at ease. His team is amazing - it is a smaller practice, so I got to know the nurses and other doctors as well. The nurses are top notch, always calls back and are extremely helpful. I saw Dr. Keefe, Dr. Noyes, and Dr. Kump during my protocol, whom I all really liked. Both of my friends and I that have went to NYU got pregnant with a SET, with frozens on reserve. Even if I didn't, this review would still be relevant. Thanks Dr. Grifo!

August 6th, 2014
Great and knowledgeable doctor
I really like Dr. Grifo. Objective, brilliant, and determined to help his patients. Regarding the posts on Dr. Grifo "pushing PGD to make money", it is incorrect IMHO. PGD increases your chances of IVF success, so instead of doing an average of 2 cycles for one pregnancy, doing PGD can decrease it to 1 cycle. Total cost for PGD + 1 cycle is much cheaper than 2 cycles! I trust that he is excellent diagnostically, well-researched, and know I'm in good hands.

July 4th, 2014
the best!
Went to Dr. Grifo after a horrible experience at Columbia. He immediately found an issue they had overlooked and corrected it. He was so confident in the plans he set forth for us, and he was available to see and speak with us often. I was pessimistic but went along with him because he was I trusted him. My first cycle was an early chemical pregnancy, but the second (FET) was twins! My girls just turned 6 years old last month.

April 19th, 2013
Not for us
Finally switching docs after a year. We stuck around because of his reputation. He's barely accessible, never reads our file/test results, and spends way too long pushing PGS so you can become another data point in his research without adequately addressing the downsides even after specific questions. Can't get him to address our actual medical concerns, instead get a bunch of pop psychology which might be good if you're a dim-witted, anxious control freak making the wrong conclusions based on too much poorly conducted online research and are looking for someone to take on the Doctor God role (I know everything and you can't possibly understand these incredibly complex topics, so don't worry about understanding your own medical care), but wasn't helpful for us. We liked the office staff.

November 26th, 2012
Margot Weinshel, LCSW
Dr. Grifo referred patients to me who were having problems with the their inability to have a child. Everyone was so happy with him. He spends a lot of time with them and will talk to them after the procedure if no pregnancy occurred. Dr Grifo is also a fantastic researcher and has been on the cutting edge of research for a long time.

July 12th, 2012
He's the best in the industry
After 5 unsuccessful IVFs, a top Massachusetts clinic released us due to their inability to identify a problem. We decided to get a second opinion at NYU with Dr. Grifo. From the day we walked in, you could immediately tell that you were dealing with the best of the best. I had a long history and a big file. Within minutes of our initial meeting, Dr. Grifo had a plan for us. He stuck to the exact plan, was open to listening to all our concerns and now I'm pregnant! He literally mastered what others couldn't solve. Going to the best is worth every dollar and the long travels.

June 13th, 2012
BEST OF THE BEST!!!
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for years without any success. (Me PCOS). We decided on IVF with Dr.Grifo and on our first try I am very happy to say we are expecting twins!! The quality of care and compassion you receive from this office and Dr. Grifo you will not find anywhere else!! If you are considering fertility treatments Dr. Grifo is the doc to see!!

June 10th, 2011
Highly recommend him.

April 20th, 2011
Fantastic Experience
At our first consultation Dr Grifo explained exactly how the fertility the steps that we would take. He answered all our questions. He was caring and patient. He asked that we be proactive and follow up with his office and that was helpful advice. Anytime we called the office we got an answer same day. The first appointment took about 6 weeks to get, but after that the process moved very fast. Monitoring appointments took 20 minutes before 830am and the nurses are great! Dr. Grifo diagnosed and solved the problem within two months and 4 months after the first appointment I am pregnant! I am so thankful we found him! I highly recommend him.

January 12th, 2011
Wonderful doctor that knows what he is doing. We had success on our first try with IVF. I would highly recommend him to anyone. Very enthusiastic and smart. His staff is also great.