A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Grotta:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Grotta is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Grotta, MD is board certified in Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Brain Ischemia
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Carotid Stenosis
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Intracranial Embolism
- Middle Cerebral Artery Infarction
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
Education & Awards
Dr. Grotta graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville. He has 9 awards.
Dr. Grotta has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hermann Hospital
- Ben Taub General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James C Grotta MD is a male Neurologist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Neurology.
- Where does Dr. James C. Grotta practice?
- Dr. James Grotta has 4 office locations.
Dr. James Grotta practices Neurology near Houston, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Reston, VA.
See Houston Neurologists.