Dr. James Fuller MD Patient Reviews

1.5

May 2nd, 2016
Find another ENT
Went back because my hearing (ringing) got worse after surgery( $25,00 billed to my insurance company for ear tubes, yes $25,000) and the doctor covering for Fuller said he was too busy to see me and then proceeded to ask rudely " Why did DR. FULLER PROMISE YOU YOUR HEARING WOULD GET BETTER????? I could not believe ( my ears lol) that he asked that, BUT HE DID! And I responded that dr Fuller did in fact say that my hearing would improve( it's worse, a lot worse) and when I told this to him he responded with " well I don't promise my patients( customers) anything! As he left the room aNd never returned to even look at my ears and I never heard back from Dr. Fuller. My bill showed 3 surgeries I have only 2 ears, and when I asked about that little discrepancy they refused to send me an explanation of the bill as they are required to by law. I am currently looking for another ENT that doesn't belong to that medical group.THANKS

March 10th, 2016
Extremely disappointing experience
Dr. Fuller was recommended to by my GP, so I had high hopes of getting the wax impaction in my right ear removed. However, the experience was bad from start to finish, and 2 visits made no progress clearing my ear. While it was the treatment that most concerned me, you should know that protocol at this office is to collect upfront whatever they think they might be charging you for that day--regardless of whether you have insurance, regardless of what's needed, and regardless what they actually do. Their rationale is "go ahead and pay" and if the Dr. doesn't do everything we've charged you for, we'll refund the balance. So even though I have insurance, I paid for the exam and hearing test before the Dr. saw me--and they requested an additional $18 as I was leaving, but were unable to explain what the "upcharge" was for. I was surprised that although Dr. Fuller was unable to remove the impaction, the audiologist (nice guy) was enthusiastic about fitting me with double hearing aids that same day--alerting me not to go to Costco because "ours are so much better." (If my right ear is impacted, is this really the day for me to buy my first set of hearing aids?) My concerns were reinforced on my follow-up visit when the receptionist requested up-front payment for another full exam and another hearing test--in spite of this being a "follow-up" visit in which I spent less than 5 minutes with the Dr., in spite of the impaction still intact, and in spite of them already having done a hearing test. When I resisted, they sent me to Dr. Fuller who disavowed any knowledge of what "they" charge and actually SAID it's the insurance companies driving them broke, that they'd lost money in 3rd & 4th quarters, and with one more losing quarter they'd be out of business. (Is this my concern?) Please don't think my dissatisfaction is purely financial. I would’ve paid ANY amount if I felt confident in the treatment I was getting. However, on BOTH visits Dr. Fuller walked into the exam room with no notes, chart, or knowledge of who I was or why I was in the exam chair. One the first visit he carried a computer and spent 10 minutes reading someone else's chart, asking me irrelevant questions. On my follow-up visit he had no chart at all and didn't know my name, let alone why I was back again. I feel bad for Dr. Fuller and for me having had this experience and having to write this negative review. Sorry it's so long, but I wanted to be clear. I will never go to this group again and don't recommend it to anyone else.

March 22nd, 2013
a man to avoid
he is dedicated to doing as many procedures as possible on medicare patients with no regard as to weather they require it or not[procedures generate income]. his ct scans are useless and done on antiquated equipment. I would advise strongly that people avoid this doctor.he does not follow the dictum "do no harm"

October 6th, 2011
Concerned Mom
This doctor barely looked on my son's ears and said "he needs to have his adenoids removed" he also said "there might be a lot of blood" I was shocked that he would say that in front of a child...He didnt explain anything else...THIS IS A DOCTOR FOR ADULTS, PLS FIND AN EAR NOSE DOCTOR WHO ALSO KNOWS PEDIATRICS.. I took my baby for a second opinion and he does NOT need ANY surgery. Thanks God...do ur homework

June 7th, 2011
Great physician.
Made an appt for a friend. Got in same day. Diagnosed my friend correctly and followed up appropriately. They don't make doctors like this anymore. He's a great otolaryngolist and a great person.

January 11th, 2011
59 yr. female
Was told I had the same thing that grows in my shower. (professional?) Proceeded to sit down beside me w/o a word of what he was going to do. took his long pointed tweezers & began PICKING whatever growth was on my ear drum. (Like taking a scab off that wasn't ready. I told him to STOP and he told me to HOLD STILL. Very PainfulThen I felt something running down my neck. He blamed it on me that my drum was bleeding. Quote: "I bet this will teach you not to use Q-tips" I went to a doctor to be tested sometime later. I had lost 50% in that ear. I will NEVER forget Dr. Fuller!! I wonder why Physician's insurance is so much. If I had the $ and stamina I would have sued and won.

July 12th, 2010
I would rethink going to Dr Fuller. He performed procedure on my dad (in his 80's); let him leave office bleeding from his ear; dad couldn't put in his hearing aid in because of blood so was deaf! Tried talking to doctor about this and he was very unprofessional!