Dr. James Hays Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Hays?

COPD

COPD

Have you seen Dr. James Hays?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

May 19th, 2017

Unless you want to die... STAY AWAY!

The word "quack" comes to mind when I think of this guy. When I was pregnant, my endo had this guy on their rotation list. Unfortunately one weekend i was experiencing a multitude of issues with my blood sugars and my meter. The on-call service said he would call me back within thirty minutes. Waited an hour, nothing. Called on-call again, was told he was given my message. Left another message. Still nothing. Called back a third time, told them I had heard nothing. I went to the bathroom, and returned to a message from him, saying "I don't even know why I am calling you... your phone plays funny music..." no identification, or a way to get back in touch with him! I ended up in triage, and they were not happy to hear about his treatment of me, especially since I could have lost my baby. Fast forward a few months later, and I had delivered my son. Was told he was the "on-call" endo for the maternity ward that weekend. He walked into my room completely unannounced as I was breast feeding, and acted like I was grossing him out. I asked him to leave, and next time, have the courtesy to tell a nurse, or at least KNOCK before entering a patient's room. The next day, he walked in without knocking, and stood behind the curtain talking to me, as if I wasn't worth looking at, even though I had told him I wasn't breastfeeding. I later found out, none of the L&D nurses like him, because of the way he interacts with patients and them. FIRE THIS GUY!

April 18th, 2017

NEVER AGAIN

Dr. Hays was nice at first, but he is very condescending, and does not listen to a word you say - I have been trying to get my records faxed to my new ends for the past month, but can't seem to get anyone to respond. Plus, he is very touchy-feely and I will not recommend anyone I know to see him...terrible bedside manner. Thank God I got new insurance and can finally see a new endo, but not sure how I am going to get my records from him.

January 30th, 2016

Worst Endocrinologist EVER!!

The worst doctor ever! Misdiagnosed me in 2005. Luckily was able to get in with another doctor. Ended up having papillary cancer and had to have a complete thyroidectomy

June 24th, 2015

Doctor Hays is a horrible person that doesn't care about his patients.

September 24th, 2013

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR

i was suddenly hit with all the signs of low blood sugar a few times a week. if i had a glass of oj and a bagel afterwards, all my symptoms would go away. one day at work though i passed out and i wasn't allowed to return without a doctor's note. my mother recommended dr hays to me and when i think about how the appointment went, i can't decide whether to laugh or cry. i waited over an hour to see him and in the middle of telling him what happened at work, he cut me off and blamed it on anxiety. i asked how he comes to that conclusion without listening to the whole story. he pointed to the sign in the room that said "symptoms of hypoglycemia", which i had ALL of, and said "i know you are experiencing syptoms like that, but panic attacks can come in many forms". then he had me lie down on the table and laughed when he lifted up my shirt and saw my tinea versicolor. then he put my shirt back down. i have NO idea why he lifted my shirt in the first place, he didn't check anything (i'm a girl so it seemed creepy). he told me i should be on an anti-depressant. then he said, and i'm not joking, "they tend to help a lot of people. i'm not exactly sure how they work, but they do help". !!!!!!!! then he told me to look into therapy. i asked him if he could recommend me anyone and he told me the name of a psychiatrist who is "nearly impossible to get an appointment with but could try reaching". he rolled his eyes and said he "guessed" we could do some bloodwork, then promptly left the room without saying anything else. i wandered around til i found the bloodwork station. no idea what they are testing my blood for. they sent me off with no doctor's note, prescription, or the psychiatrist recommendation. i had to go back, and they made me wait a half hour for the note, and said they would call in the prescription. it's been a few days, and it still hasn't been called in yet. currently asking friends for recommendations on a new doctor. dr hays is rude, condescending, and a creep. never again!!!!!!

September 7th, 2013

Would not recommend

Dr Hays is an excellent endocrinologist if you can put up with his arrogant, impatient, dismissive, sarcastic manner; his refusal to answer questions in a helpful way; his horrible system for patient management--you leave without a prescription, you get your lab tests done, in one week you call his office and his staff then gives him your chart to review and calls in the prescriptions you need. At your next visit he reviews the now months old lab report, gives you a scrip for lab tests, and when you call a week later you get a prescription for the meds you need til your next visit. And on and on. Why doesnt he give you a scrip for tests to have done a week before your next visit so he can go over the results with you?

May 30th, 2013

Awesome "bedside manner"

Dr. Hays has been my endocrinologist since 2009. He was recommended by his peers. He diagnosed me with thyroid cancer and sent me to a surgeon, but did awesome follow up. I have had 3 biopsies total. His calm, professional demeanor helped me get through each one more easily. I love this Dr. and would recommend him.

March 26th, 2013

Go some where Else I Did

I went to this guy once. I never had a issue with is staff, however doctor Hays on the other hand was. First off went to Dr hays to help me with low Testosterone or find a solution how to raise or fix it to normal levels. I did some background reading and inquired about the test gel or injections. his reply was a guy my age will be on the injections the rest of my life I started that. Ok what does that have to do with me. In short he refused to take and check my blood levels due to me being on multivitamins and vitamin D from GNC because he believes all their items attribute to low test. Further, the man inquired if I ever used steroids because of my body composition. I'll skip this doctor if I was you, and I wondered why it was so easy to get an appointment with this practice, no I know!!!

January 23rd, 2013

Pleasantly surprised by my experience

Dr Hays came highly recommended by his peers. After reading the previous reviews on this page I was expecting to have an awful experience at Dr Hays office. I was very pleasantly surprised by my visit! The office staff was courteous, professional, accommodating and very friendly! Dr Hays was easy to talk with, listened well and gave me a realistic approach to treatment of my condition. I felt comfortable with his professional capabilities and am relieved to have someone of his expertise helping me. Overall I would say that I had a wonderful experience.

September 5th, 2012

I love Dr. Hays!

I have been seeing Dr. Hays for the past 4 years now regarding a thyroid disorder. Despite the poor reviews, I think he and his staff are great. Dr. Hays is definitely no nonsense when it comes to your health, which is why he will be displeased when it appears that he cares more about your health than you do. Having been under his care, he has not only adjusted my thyroid levels so I can have a better quality of life, but his diligence has also led to an early detection of thyroid cancer. I am very happy and satisfied with Dr. Hays and his practice.

September 2nd, 2012

I do not recommend this doctor at all. Horrible bedside manner. Doesn't remember past appointments. Makes promises he can't keep. Won't return phone calls.

August 16th, 2012

Go to ANYONE ELSE

Save yourself some time & misery and go to any other doctor. He is a pompous, unprofessional, jerk. He has a horrible reputation even among other doctors. He will not pay attention to your health, and that is not what most people want from a doctor.