A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James MacDonald:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James MacDonald is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James MacDonald, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. MacDonald graduated from Georgetown University, Washington.
Dr. MacDonald has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Anne Arundel Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. MacDonald accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- CareFirst - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Priority Partners - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James H. MacDonald practice?
Dr. James MacDonald practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery near Millersville, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Annapolis, MD and Bowie, MD.
See Millersville Surgeons.