A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Maguire:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Maguire is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Maguire, M.P.H., MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- AIDS-Related Opportunistic Infections
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Chagas Disease
- Falciparum Malaria
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Infectious Disease
- Tropical Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Maguire graduated from Harvard University , Boston.
Dr. Maguire has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Faulkner Hospital
- Charlton Memorial Hospital Site of Southcoast Hospitals Group Inc
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Maguire accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James H. Maguire practice?
Dr. James Maguire practices Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, Allergy & Immunology, and Pediatrics near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Brookline, MA and Fall River, MA.
See Boston Internists, Boston Infectious Disease Doctors, Boston Allergists, and Boston Pediatricians.