A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Merritt:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Merritt is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Merritt
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Merritt Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Merritt, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Merritt graduated from The University of Texas at Houston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Merritt has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
- Harris Methodist H E B
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James H Merritt MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 34 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. James H. Merritt practice?
- Dr. James Merritt has 1 office location.
Dr. James Merritt practices Ophthalmology near Dallas, TX.
See Dallas Ophthalmologists.