Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
Apr 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

It is always a pleasure to come to the office. The staff is great and Dr Rice has made a tremendous difference in my life

Apr 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I'm so happy with Dr Rice - he takes time to really discuss my issues and be sure I understand. I wish all doctors were as caring!!!

Apr 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Rice is very professional yet personable and kind but best of all he knows how to deal and relieve my pain. The girls in the office, are very pleasant and efficient. Dr Rice's assistant, Eric, is very compassionate and knowledgeable.

Apr 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent understanding of my problems and what medical action to take.Listens intently,comments,and asks questions.Explains everything in detail.Develops a good treatment plan.Back injections were painless,very helpful; back pain/ache was much improved.

Mar 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Rice is a nice guy who knows what he's doing!!

Mar 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I've gone in to get shots in my back several times. This time it worked so well. I am so thankful and happy that this time it worked. I think I've had 4 shots over the last few years and this was the best reaction I've had so far. I am so thankful.

Mar 17th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

He's an amazing doctor. I wouldn't go to anyone else for my back pain.

Mar 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

i am so grateful for the treatment received from Dr. Rice. I felt confident and at ease throughout my procedure, and my thanks and gratitude go out to him.

Mar 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I felt very confident in Dr. Rice and was very pleased with his service. However, I've never had such agonizing pain as the position I was in during the procedure. I wish I'd had a few minutes to get over my shaking before I was ushered out so fast!

Feb 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I pleased with the information Dr. Rice provided regarding my condition and next steps.

Feb 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Each time I have filled these out my review is the same. Dr. Rice is the best pain reliever there is in ABQ, NM. He has helped me so much and is still working with me to find a solution that he and I both are comfortable with. GFO

Feb 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I am feeling so much better since my injection last week.

Feb 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The doctor was efficient, clear and surprisingly direct in his treatment plan. Usually, I would have the evaluation meeting and then reschedule for the shots. I received the necessary shot on the first visit saving me an extra appointment, time and travel

Feb 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Rice is very professional, informative but yet very caring. Dr. Rice makes your needs his priority and makes you leave his office feeling like your needs have been met to the fullest. He is a very caring doctor and I plan to refer him if needed.

Feb 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Waited a long time for an appointment . Office personnel was very business like and helpful, and waited only a short time to see DR Dr. explained what I came to him for help with and answered all questions. and interruptions. Very impressive.

Feb 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have been a patient of Dr. Rice for quite a while - he and his staff are very welcoming and Dr. Rice is very knowledgeable and answers all my questions thoroughly. I would and have highly recommended friends and family to see Dr. Rice.

Feb 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Rice shows concern for his patients during every visit. He treats his patients with the best possible medical care. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!!

Feb 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Your staff in the receptionist area is getting much friendlier. Thank you for addressing my pain so well!

Feb 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Rice is very knowledgable. He asked the right questions and explained all options clearly.

Feb 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Rice is a very professional, personable man, that we feel so comfortable with.

Feb 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I put off getting this shot for over a year because of fear. All of the staff put me at ease. Dr. Rice showed that he is using name-brand drugs, sterile procedure, and safe practices. He thoroughly explained how the shot would be given. Thank you!

Feb 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I feel that he knows what the problems is and know how to take care of it.

Jan 31st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Thanks! The headache I've had since Thanksgiving is gone. Go Broncos.

Jan 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Real good guy and a great doctor

Jan 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Rice has been very good at providing me with what to expect and everything he has told me has been right on the money on what to expect. The last visit exceeded my expectiations and I am looking forward to having the next appointment.

Jan 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Rice is very personable and professional. He takes the time that is necessary for your visit. I would highly recommend him and his staff.

Jan 17th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Rice is a "GREAT" pain specialist. He is so patient and understanding about my condition and listens to my concerns. Staff is just as great

Jan 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The problem is probably on the way to a solution. Best results ever this time.

Jan 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Rice is the very best; he's very thorough and gets to the bottom of the problem, addresses all issues and gives the best care possible. I would recommend him to anyone with a pain issue.

Jan 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Rice has an excellent bedside manner, putting one at ease while performing a potentially painful procedure. Due to his ability, the pain and discomfort is minimized. He takes time to explain the reason for pain and procedure to ameliorate it.

Jan 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Only problem was having to wait 3 months for the procedure and then the issue relative to the insurance which I believe has now been satisfied per your staff who were called by Blue Cross and then they called me.

Jan 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The office staff worked so hard to get the quirks out of insurance and so very genuine. The time spent in his office was more than I expected and I found him to be an expert in his field especially since I worked with anesthesia for over 10 years.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Please listen show details Please listen
by Sandy Bryant on Apr 23rd, 2013

My Mom is 91 years old. She has all her own teeth, takes one little thyroid pill a day, manages a husband who is in the beginning stages of alzheimers, and reminds me of Betty White. I love and admire her, she sets the stage for who I want to be. I'm writing because she has been ignored, shuffled, left behind and forgotten while doing everything in her power to get a steroid injection for pain that is keeping her awake for nights on end. This woman never complains, If she does, pay attention! She is in pain. She saw Dr. Rice 5 months ago and was given an injection in her neck to relieve inoperable stenosis. During Dr. Rices verbal self appraisal, he assured her his injection would last longer than any previous ones she had recieved. He told her if she needed another, he would not do it without an MRI. Mom got her MRI. After her chart was lost. After waiting weeks for someone to get back with her. Now, apparently that MRI is piled within an overload of others in which Dr. Rice has never followed up on. Meanwhile, during my calls to her, she tells me of being unable to sleep secondary to her arms and hands falling asleep and getting numb. She tells me of 'Shayla' a nurse who assures Mom she is being taken care of, then never calls back. She has now been suffering for over a month. Mom has called the hospital and is obtaining her own disc of her MRI and the reading so that she can seek another physician who might give her relief. She has been pushed aside, shuffled, forgotten, and is tolerating pain way beyond what a 91 year old woman should experience. I feel helpless, frustrated, angry, and confused. I've worked with doctors as a CMA for 37 years in Arizona. I've never seen this kind of neglect. My mom deserves so much better than this.

Excellent care! show details Excellent care!
Jun 9th, 2010

Everything about my experience seeing Dr. Rice was absolutely professional and top-notch care. Can't recommend him enough!