Dr. James Rice MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 18th, 2017
Does a great Job!
Dr rice knows his stuff and my doctor sent me to him for an epidural. He took time to explain everything to me. The shot took about 5 minutes. I did not feel pain, just a little pressure and for the next two and a half months had no more back or leg pain. It was heaven. I went back to him for a second shot and after just exercise helped me keep the pain away. He gave me great advice. His bedside manner is a little brisk, but he is definitely no nonsense and straight forward.

March 25th, 2016
very rude and was more concerned about getting me in and out of exam room for next patient.Would not take time to answer questions

February 26th, 2016
Excellent doctor for pain management!

September 3rd, 2015
Great doctor! Friendly, down-to-earth, knowledgeable!

April 23rd, 2013
Please listen
My Mom is 91 years old. She has all her own teeth, takes one little thyroid pill a day, manages a husband who is in the beginning stages of alzheimers, and reminds me of Betty White. I love and admire her, she sets the stage for who I want to be. I'm writing because she has been ignored, shuffled, left behind and forgotten while doing everything in her power to get a steroid injection for pain that is keeping her awake for nights on end. This woman never complains, If she does, pay attention! She is in pain. She saw Dr. Rice 5 months ago and was given an injection in her neck to relieve inoperable stenosis. During Dr. Rices verbal self appraisal, he assured her his injection would last longer than any previous ones she had recieved. He told her if she needed another, he would not do it without an MRI. Mom got her MRI. After her chart was lost. After waiting weeks for someone to get back with her. Now, apparently that MRI is piled within an overload of others in which Dr. Rice has never followed up on. Meanwhile, during my calls to her, she tells me of being unable to sleep secondary to her arms and hands falling asleep and getting numb. She tells me of 'Shayla' a nurse who assures Mom she is being taken care of, then never calls back. She has now been suffering for over a month. Mom has called the hospital and is obtaining her own disc of her MRI and the reading so that she can seek another physician who might give her relief. She has been pushed aside, shuffled, forgotten, and is tolerating pain way beyond what a 91 year old woman should experience. I feel helpless, frustrated, angry, and confused. I've worked with doctors as a CMA for 37 years in Arizona. I've never seen this kind of neglect. My mom deserves so much better than this.

June 9th, 2010
Excellent care!
Everything about my experience seeing Dr. Rice was absolutely professional and top-notch care. Can't recommend him enough!

March 22nd, 2017