James H Wheeler MD Patient Reviews

April 15th, 2016
You are my hero
13 years ago I went in for a physical to learn that my liver enzymes were low. Dr Wheeler insisted I have an ultra sound. I had a mass the size of a lemon on my right kidney. I was diagnosed with renal cancer. Due to Dr. Wheeler concern and attention to detail, I am a 13 year cancer survivor. Thank you, Dr. Wheeler! You are my hero!

March 14th, 2016
Arrogant, aloof , unprofessional

September 29th, 2015
Dr. Wheeler has been our family doctor for more than 15 years. He believes in proactive maintenance. Fantastic doctor.

August 31st, 2015
Great doctor
Dr. Wheeler conducts a very thorough exam and takes time to explain the results and allows time for questions. He seems to genuinely care about his work.

June 12th, 2015
28 Years of Quality Health Care!
I have been a patient of Dr Wheelers for 28 years and would never considered making a change in health care providers. Dr Wheeler, his PA team, Missy and Greg, and all other associates in the office treat me as though I am a family member. The respect and care shown to me at each visit is a reflection of the integrity with which they conduct their practice. I highly recommend The Family Practice Center to anyone looking for quality medical care.

May 29th, 2015
Great Doctor, Fantastic staff, all the diagnostic equipment under one roof. I drive 140 miles roundtrip to this facility, and there are many much closer! if your looking for a doctor in north half of Georgia, give these folks a try.

May 4th, 2015
Bad experience
I went for a year end for physical examination and end up for more than 6 visits in a month with unwanted visits and bills. For any examination results which you have taken, they ask to fix appointment to discuss and bill for that. Even if they are abnormal results they ask to fix appointment to discuss . On the day they just mention that results are abnormal and come tomorrow with fasting. So that they can charge even for the next appointment. They just want to make more visits and charge the insurance. I had 10-15 visits in a 3 months period and never had a call back from the office about any results or medications at all. Only I used to call them for my results or medications.
Doctor's Response

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Practice. Your input, and the feedback from all our patients is vitally important to us and we always strive to exceed patient expectations. We are sorry to hear of your frustrations with the office. We routinely call patients with "normal" test results within seven days. However, if results are "abnormal" we do schedule additional visits to determine the cause and take corrective action. We take pride in providing treatment as quickly as possible and getting our patients back to normal. Above all else, providing excellent patient care is our main goal. I would like to ask that you contact our Practice Administrator, Kim at 404-256-1727 so we can address your situation and make sure you have the information you need for your care. Dr James Wheeler

April 23rd, 2015
Patient
Dr. James Wheeler, Family Practice P C has been my primary care physician for over 10 years. I have recommended many colleagues and associates to FPPC. I have not heard any complaints & they still go to see Dr. Wheeler. Professional, resourceful, knowledgeable & follow through!

August 19th, 2014
Amazing! I am a nurse and he is one of the smartest doctors I have ever met. His instincts are second to none. He is very concerned about his patients and their experience in his office. He works hard to see you quickly but thoroughly. I saw him taking amazing care of one of his employees at my last visit. He will actually call you back if you need to talk to him and he has called me with results before I had a chance to call the office. If you need a primary care doctor you won't find anyone better. He also has the best PAs and NPs. I feel comfortable seeing them anytime. His office staff is pleasant and keep you updated if he is running late. He has the best medical assistants too. So professional and friendly.

April 19th, 2014
Kind and compassionate doctor
I saw Dr. Wheeler for my chronic pain condition and he was very sympathetic and understanding. He was more knowledge than any pain specialist I have seen in the past. I highly recommend this doctor for chronic pain.

December 4th, 2013
Good Experience
It is comforting to know that professionalism and good customer service still exist. Dr. Wheeler's staff, is exceptional - one of the best that I have encountered. In him, you have a physician who listens attentively, thoroughly assesses your situation and makes an accurate diagnosis. I would encourage anyone who is seeking a physician with a good bedside manner to make an appointment. You will have no regrets.

March 5th, 2013
best family practice in the southeast
I have been a patient at Family Practice Center for over 20 years. The doctors and midlevels are professional and provide excellent service. The clinicians time to help me with my concerns, and i always leave feeling like i have been taken good care of. They give thorough physicals, and I appreciate their advice of ways to keep me healthier longer. This particular family practice focuses on preventive medicine, so i feel like I'm not just getting my illnesses taken care of, but also being directed to a healthier lifestyle. I recommend this office to all of my friends, and many continue to come from out of state for routine health care!