Family Medicine
Video profile
Family Practice Center, P.C.
933-F Johnson Ferry Rd, Ste 210
Atlanta, GA 30342
(404) 256-1727
Locations and availability (1)

• Currently 3.4761904761905 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  Kind and compassionate doctor  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2014

I saw Dr. Wheeler for my chronic pain condition and he was very sympathetic and understanding. He was more knowledge than any pain specialist I have seen in the past. I highly recommend this doctor for chronic pain.

|  Good Experience  |  show details
by Paula W. on Dec 4th, 2013

It is comforting to know that professionalism and good customer service still exist. Dr. Wheeler's staff, is exceptional - one of the best that I have encountered. In him, you have a physician who listens attentively, thoroughly assesses your situation and makes an accurate diagnosis. I would encourage anyone who is seeking a physician with a good bedside manner to make an appointment. You will have no regrets.

|  best family practice in the southeast  |  show details
by happy patient on Mar 5th, 2013

I have been a patient at Family Practice Center for over 20 years. The doctors and midlevels are professional and provide excellent service. The clinicians time to help me with my concerns, and i always leave feeling like i have been taken good care of. They give thorough physicals, and I appreciate their advice of ways to keep me healthier longer. This particular family practice focuses on preventive medicine, so i feel like I'm not just getting my illnesses taken care of, but also being directed to a healthier lifestyle. I recommend this office to all of my friends, and many continue to come from out of state for routine health care!

Mar 5th, 2013

|  Superb Physician  |  show details
by Walt Sapronov on Feb 21st, 2013

Dr. James Wheeler is a superb physician. His family practice is outstanding with same-day availability. I have been seeing Dr. Wheeler for many years and highly recommend him. Walt Sapronov

Nov 13th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Wheeler's for over 25 years. He has treated a number of conditions over the years and has always been accurate in his diagnoses and effective in his prescribed treatments. Dr. Wheeler has been performing annual physicals on me for over 15 years and his diligence helped uncover a rare congenital heart defect that I was able to then get corrected before suffering any permanent damage to my heart.

|  Saved my Life Twice!  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2012

Been a patient of Dr. Wheeler for over 20 years. I am in good health at age 70 because of his recommendations,diagnosis and treatments. He saved my life twice once by recommending I see a cardiologist about a slight abnormality in my heart rythm which resulted in a stent (no heart attack) and twice by recommending I see a urogolist and have a biopsy performed on my prostate which resulted in a super early diagnosis of prostrate cancer.His staff and PA are excellent in their own right and the office is run professionally and efficiently and is always clean and orderly.

|  Long time patient highly recommends Dr. Wheeler and Family Practice Center  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2012

My family and I have been patients of Dr. Wheeler's for at least 20 years. All the professionals that are a part of this practice are excellent. My appointments are usually very quick. They don't waste my time sitting around waiting to be seen. Although my appointments are relatively quick, I feel like I get all the time and attention I need. I have never felt rushed. Anytime I have gone to Dr. Wheeler with an immediate issue, I feel like I received his total and complete attention and that my issue was the most important thing he had to deal with. I trust Dr. Wheeler implicitly and find it easy to talk to him and the other practitioners about any and all health issues. Dr. Wheeler's calm yet sympathetic demeanor is very reassuring. I highly recommend Dr. Wheeler and Family Practice Center.

|  Best Doctor  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2012

I've been under Doc Wheelers Care for 10 Years. I was always very healthy until about 18 months ago. Thats when I found out what an excellent doctor he really was. For close to a year I suffered terribly with condition and Doc Wheeler was one of the only docs to diagnose me correctly. It should be noted that I was not an easy patient. The thing that a prospective patient needs to know is that he is one of the SMARTEST docters in Atlanta. This was the concensus from the army of other docs and specialist I saw. They all seem know him. He spent time at Harvard and hes also a Phsycatrist. I was in his office weekly for 6 months and the staff was very empathetic. I fould out the hard way that he can be trusted to diganose and recomend treatment correctly. Im truly grateful for his care. SM

|  excellent care and follow up  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2012

overall experience and caring

|  Troy  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2012

Comprehensive health care and management

Aug 1st, 2012

Dr. Wheeler has been my physician for 32 years. I have stayed with him because he really does care. He also stays incredibly up to date on the latest technology and treatment alternatives. He has never missed a diagnosis but also never hesitates to send me to specialist for confirmation. Trust me, this as good as it gets for an all around caring and qualified physician.

|  Truth  |  show details
May 16th, 2012

Dr. Wheeler found my rectal cancer and saved my life. He got me to the specialist the same day, colonoscopy the next day, and oncologist the following day. Due to his connections he had my treatment underway immediately. He was copied on all the treatments along the way and kept up with everything. I trusted him with my life and it worked!

|  Efficient practice with friendly, knowledgable staff..  |  show details
May 9th, 2012

Our family has been patients with Dr Wheeler for 25 yrs. He has always been caring, accurate in diagnosis and treatment. We are in and out in an amazing amount of time.. I never feel hurried, the kids always were comfortable, and he attended to all our needs.

|  Great Office!  |  show details
May 3rd, 2012

Overall great experience with doctors and staff! Highly recommend Missy!! (nurse practioner) She is wonderful! Cheryl is great office staff person too.

|  Good Service  |  show details
May 2nd, 2012

i have been attending Family Medical Center since 1995. Great doctors and staff especially Greg.

|  Anna  |  show details
May 2nd, 2012

The most complete and best practice I have ever been to.

|  20 years of relationship  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2012

Dr Wheeler and staff has been great to be with for over 20 years.Usually brief waiting and once in the exam room Dr Wheeler sees me quickly

|  Great Visit  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2012

Great experience from start to finish. It was nice to feel like I was welcome. Dr. Wheeler took time to listen to everything I was concerned about and made me feel like he understood my issues.

Apr 16th, 2012

Jim has been our family doctor for over 15 years and he has always been there for us. i have sent many of my friends to him and all are very pleased with Jim and his staff.

|  The Best Medicine  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2012

The best medicine for me was becoming a patient of Dr.Wheeler's fifteen years ago.Every office visit has been a pleasure.I would and do recommend Dr.Wheeler to everyone. Everyone I have referred has called to thank me and remains with Dr. Wheeler's office and will travel to see only him.In my opinion, Dr. Wheeler is the only choice due to his brilliance and quickness to solve all problems. Dr. Wheeler relates to his patients with kindness, concern and never falters.Fifteen years ago, I was always sick and feared sickness. Now I am extremely healthy and have no fear of getting sick.Thank you Dr. Wheeler and staff.

|  Very Professional and Excellent Care  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2012

Dr. Wheeler has been a wonderful primary care doctor for my family for almost ten years.

|  best family practice physician in atlanta!  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2012

great diagnostic skills, spot on in treating me for several conditions he loves what he does and it shows

|  Donald  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2012

Excellent care!

Apr 2nd, 2012

I have been a patient for 28 years and Dr. Wheeler and his physician assistants: Greg, MIssy, Heather, and Allison are all wonderful. I feel very secure seeing them all. They are all very thorough. I moved away for a few years and I was never so glad to be back to Dr. Wheeler,s practice.

Apr 2nd, 2012

Dr. Wheeler and his staff were very professional. There was a comfort level and knowledge level that one does not experience in many physician offices.

|  Great Family Practice Doctor  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2011

I have been going to this office for more than 20 years. Dr. Wheller is a very knowledgeable physician and his staff has always been pleasant and efficient.

|  Assembly Line Process  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2011

I went for an end of year physical and came away 3 office visits later totally frustrated. Medication was inappropriate for needs and tests and exams were overcharged for after being told they were included in coverage. Staff morale was low and followup about anything other than my bill was absent. Obviously, their main concern was to run tests and send invoices and whatever didn't stick send to the collection agency. Insurance companies should investigate for fraud.

|  Long time patient  |  show details
by John Tansey on Oct 23rd, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr Wheeler's for almost 33 years- we think I may be his longest running patient. He has also been the GP for my mother, father, sister, her family and my daughter. Not only do I highly recommend Dr Wheeler, I also recommend his very qualified staffed.

|  Excellent Physician & Practice  |  show details
by donnafbh on Jul 7th, 2009 on kudzu.com

The service that I received at this practice was very exceptional. Dr. Wheeler and his staff made me very comfortable and at ease to discuss my problems and I received great care.

|  Buyer beware!  |  show details
by pepperpluto on Dec 9th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Saw him in early 90's as a patient in his weight loss program with HMR. Thought he was very rude and abrupt at times. Strange attitude considering the amount of money I paid him. After a good amount of time on the program, he closed up shop with no warning but a phone call, 5 minutes before I left the house to drive 40 miles to his office. He left a lot of people high and dry. Now I see he's back in business with HMR. Buyer Beware!

|  Wonderful Doctor - Wonderful Staff  |  show details
by enehnja on Jul 2nd, 2008 on kudzu.com

I have been visiting Dr. Wheeler for 2 years now. He is always patient and caring and he provides quality care. He has always been correct with diagnoses and prescribing medication, and he is the only Doctor that I will see while living in Atlanta.

|  Great Doctor Kmart Staff  |  show details
by DebbieDunwoody on Jan 18th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Wheeler is an outstanding and thorough physician. He's been dead on with everything he's had to prescribe for me and the doctors that he's had to refer me to were wonderful. He has enormous turnover with his young unprofessional staff who really could care less if you're there or not. I keep going back just for Dr. Wheeler.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  good service  |  show details
by scs000 on Feb 21st, 2006 on kudzu.com

I always get to see Dr. Wheeler if I ask for him (not just see him, but have him as the Dr. for my appt). Plus, if you ask for samples instead of a prescription they will give you some that they get free from the pharma companies. Other than a slight wait, no problems for me at this office. Good staff too.

|  Great doctor. Staff needs attitude adjustment.  |  show details
by mdevans on Nov 4th, 2005 on kudzu.com

I have gone to Dr Wheeler for over a year. He is a very good doctor. Most reviews are correct about his PA's doing diagnosis, but Dr. Wheeler comes in to see me on every appointment to see if I have any questions. I try to schedule appointments when he is in the office. If you do not, you will get a PA. That being said, the staff is rude on every occasion that I have been there. They seem to be in their own little world and that we (paitents) are a nuisance. They should at least try to be friendlier.

by jh1976 on Oct 20th, 2005 on kudzu.com

There is often a wait but the billing is great, never had a problem with it going through insurance. I usually see Holly, not the MD, but never have any issues with the staff.

|  Too Expensive & Wait too long  |  show details
by twtweety on Apr 15th, 2005 on kudzu.com

they will prescribe you very expensive medicine & require you to take many tests without telling you it is very expensive.

|  Great Doc  |  show details
by George on Apr 15th, 2005 on kudzu.com

The staff is always pleasant, the office is always clean and I've never had more than a 15 minute wait. I have been very satisfied.

by GhostShark on Apr 14th, 2005 on kudzu.com

I rarely actually see the doctor, but I have a good rapport with Greg the PA, so I don't mind that much. Overall, I'm satisfied.

by ParkLaner on Apr 5th, 2005 on kudzu.com

You never actually get to see the Dr. He just has his assistants diagnose you and only gets involved if they don't know what they are up against. I know I made an appointment with him, but I never saw him in my last (and only) 3 appointments. That isn't even starting on the wait (which I know is par for most Dr. offices).

|  Average Service  |  show details
by Rosman on Apr 5th, 2005 on kudzu.com

Dr. Wheeler's office is generally pretty good about getting you a last minute appointment. However, there is uaually a wait to get called and then another wait to see the Dr or PA. I do not have any complaints about the staff as they are generally pleasant and helpful.