Some ratings provided by DrScore.
You are my hero show details You are my hero
by Sherry on Apr 15th, 2016

13 years ago I went in for a physical to learn that my liver enzymes were low. Dr Wheeler insisted I have an ultra sound. I had a mass the size of a lemon on my right kidney. I was diagnosed with renal cancer. Due to Dr. Wheeler concern and attention to detail, I am a 13 year cancer survivor. Thank you, Dr. Wheeler! You are my hero!

Mar 14th, 2016

Arrogant, aloof , unprofessional

Sep 29th, 2015

Dr. Wheeler has been our family doctor for more than 15 years. He believes in proactive maintenance. Fantastic doctor.

Great doctor show details Great doctor
by Stephanie Fuller on Aug 31st, 2015

Dr. Wheeler conducts a very thorough exam and takes time to explain the results and allows time for questions. He seems to genuinely care about his work.

28 Years of Quality Health Care! show details 28 Years of Quality Health Care!
by Lynn Marie Kelly on Jun 12th, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Wheelers for 28 years and would never considered making a change in health care providers. Dr Wheeler, his PA team, Missy and Greg, and all other associates in the office treat me as though I am a family member. The respect and care shown to me at each visit is a reflection of the integrity with which they conduct their practice. I highly recommend The Family Practice Center to anyone looking for quality medical care.

by Gary Wozniak on May 29th, 2015

Great Doctor, Fantastic staff, all the diagnostic equipment under one roof. I drive 140 miles roundtrip to this facility, and there are many much closer! if your looking for a doctor in north half of Georgia, give these folks a try.

Bad experience show details Bad experience
by SM on May 4th, 2015

I went for a year end for physical examination and end up for more than 6 visits in a month with unwanted visits and bills. For any examination results which you have taken, they ask to fix appointment to discuss and bill for that. Even if they are abnormal results they ask to fix appointment to discuss . On the day they just mention that results are abnormal and come tomorrow with fasting. So that they can charge even for the next appointment. They just want to make more visits and charge the insurance. I had 10-15 visits in a 3 months period and never had a call back from the office about any results or medications at all. Only I used to call them for my results or medications.

Doctor's Response

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Practice. Your input, and the feedback from all our patients is vitally important to us and we always strive to exceed patient expectations. We are sorry to hear of your frustrations with the office. We routinely call patients with "normal" test results within seven days. However, if results are "abnormal" we do schedule additional visits to determine the cause and take corrective action. We take pride in providing treatment as quickly as possible and getting our patients back to normal. Above all else, providing excellent patient care is our main goal. I would like to ask that you contact our Practice Administrator, Kim at 404-256-1727 so we can address your situation and make sure you have the information you need for your care. Dr James Wheeler

Patient show details Patient
by B M Gray on Apr 23rd, 2015

Dr. James Wheeler, Family Practice P C has been my primary care physician for over 10 years. I have recommended many colleagues and associates to FPPC. I have not heard any complaints & they still go to see Dr. Wheeler. Professional, resourceful, knowledgeable & follow through!

by AmyF on Aug 19th, 2014

Amazing! I am a nurse and he is one of the smartest doctors I have ever met. His instincts are second to none. He is very concerned about his patients and their experience in his office. He works hard to see you quickly but thoroughly. I saw him taking amazing care of one of his employees at my last visit. He will actually call you back if you need to talk to him and he has called me with results before I had a chance to call the office. If you need a primary care doctor you won't find anyone better. He also has the best PAs and NPs. I feel comfortable seeing them anytime. His office staff is pleasant and keep you updated if he is running late. He has the best medical assistants too. So professional and friendly.

Kind and compassionate doctor show details Kind and compassionate doctor
Apr 19th, 2014

I saw Dr. Wheeler for my chronic pain condition and he was very sympathetic and understanding. He was more knowledge than any pain specialist I have seen in the past. I highly recommend this doctor for chronic pain.

Good Experience show details Good Experience
by Paula W. on Dec 4th, 2013

It is comforting to know that professionalism and good customer service still exist. Dr. Wheeler's staff, is exceptional - one of the best that I have encountered. In him, you have a physician who listens attentively, thoroughly assesses your situation and makes an accurate diagnosis. I would encourage anyone who is seeking a physician with a good bedside manner to make an appointment. You will have no regrets.

best family practice in the southeast show details best family practice in the southeast
by happy patient on Mar 5th, 2013

I have been a patient at Family Practice Center for over 20 years. The doctors and midlevels are professional and provide excellent service. The clinicians time to help me with my concerns, and i always leave feeling like i have been taken good care of. They give thorough physicals, and I appreciate their advice of ways to keep me healthier longer. This particular family practice focuses on preventive medicine, so i feel like I'm not just getting my illnesses taken care of, but also being directed to a healthier lifestyle. I recommend this office to all of my friends, and many continue to come from out of state for routine health care!

Nov 13th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Wheeler's for over 25 years. He has treated a number of conditions over the years and has always been accurate in his diagnoses and effective in his prescribed treatments. Dr. Wheeler has been performing annual physicals on me for over 15 years and his diligence helped uncover a rare congenital heart defect that I was able to then get corrected before suffering any permanent damage to my heart.

Saved my Life Twice! show details Saved my Life Twice!
Oct 8th, 2012

Been a patient of Dr. Wheeler for over 20 years. I am in good health at age 70 because of his recommendations,diagnosis and treatments. He saved my life twice once by recommending I see a cardiologist about a slight abnormality in my heart rythm which resulted in a stent (no heart attack) and twice by recommending I see a urogolist and have a biopsy performed on my prostate which resulted in a super early diagnosis of prostrate cancer.His staff and PA are excellent in their own right and the office is run professionally and efficiently and is always clean and orderly.

Long time patient highly recommends Dr. Wheeler and Family Practice Center show details Long time patient highly recommends Dr. Wheeler and Family Practice Center
Oct 1st, 2012

My family and I have been patients of Dr. Wheeler's for at least 20 years. All the professionals that are a part of this practice are excellent. My appointments are usually very quick. They don't waste my time sitting around waiting to be seen. Although my appointments are relatively quick, I feel like I get all the time and attention I need. I have never felt rushed. Anytime I have gone to Dr. Wheeler with an immediate issue, I feel like I received his total and complete attention and that my issue was the most important thing he had to deal with. I trust Dr. Wheeler implicitly and find it easy to talk to him and the other practitioners about any and all health issues. Dr. Wheeler's calm yet sympathetic demeanor is very reassuring. I highly recommend Dr. Wheeler and Family Practice Center.

excellent care and follow up show details excellent care and follow up
Aug 10th, 2012

overall experience and caring

Troy show details Troy
Aug 6th, 2012

Comprehensive health care and management

Aug 1st, 2012

Dr. Wheeler has been my physician for 32 years. I have stayed with him because he really does care. He also stays incredibly up to date on the latest technology and treatment alternatives. He has never missed a diagnosis but also never hesitates to send me to specialist for confirmation. Trust me, this as good as it gets for an all around caring and qualified physician.

Truth show details Truth
May 16th, 2012

Dr. Wheeler found my rectal cancer and saved my life. He got me to the specialist the same day, colonoscopy the next day, and oncologist the following day. Due to his connections he had my treatment underway immediately. He was copied on all the treatments along the way and kept up with everything. I trusted him with my life and it worked!

Efficient practice with friendly, knowledgable staff.. show details Efficient practice with friendly, knowledgable staff..
May 9th, 2012

Our family has been patients with Dr Wheeler for 25 yrs. He has always been caring, accurate in diagnosis and treatment. We are in and out in an amazing amount of time.. I never feel hurried, the kids always were comfortable, and he attended to all our needs.

Great Office! show details Great Office!
May 3rd, 2012

Overall great experience with doctors and staff! Highly recommend Missy!! (nurse practioner) She is wonderful! Cheryl is great office staff person too.

Good Service show details Good Service
May 2nd, 2012

i have been attending Family Medical Center since 1995. Great doctors and staff especially Greg.

Anna show details Anna
May 2nd, 2012

The most complete and best practice I have ever been to.

20 years of relationship show details 20 years of relationship
Apr 28th, 2012

Dr Wheeler and staff has been great to be with for over 20 years.Usually brief waiting and once in the exam room Dr Wheeler sees me quickly

Great Visit show details Great Visit
Apr 21st, 2012

Great experience from start to finish. It was nice to feel like I was welcome. Dr. Wheeler took time to listen to everything I was concerned about and made me feel like he understood my issues.

Apr 16th, 2012

Jim has been our family doctor for over 15 years and he has always been there for us. i have sent many of my friends to him and all are very pleased with Jim and his staff.

The Best Medicine show details The Best Medicine
Apr 13th, 2012

The best medicine for me was becoming a patient of Dr.Wheeler's fifteen years ago.Every office visit has been a pleasure.I would and do recommend Dr.Wheeler to everyone. Everyone I have referred has called to thank me and remains with Dr. Wheeler's office and will travel to see only him.In my opinion, Dr. Wheeler is the only choice due to his brilliance and quickness to solve all problems. Dr. Wheeler relates to his patients with kindness, concern and never falters.Fifteen years ago, I was always sick and feared sickness. Now I am extremely healthy and have no fear of getting sick.Thank you Dr. Wheeler and staff.

Very Professional and Excellent Care show details Very Professional and Excellent Care
Apr 13th, 2012

Dr. Wheeler has been a wonderful primary care doctor for my family for almost ten years.

best family practice physician in atlanta! show details best family practice physician in atlanta!
Apr 3rd, 2012

great diagnostic skills, spot on in treating me for several conditions he loves what he does and it shows

Donald show details Donald
Apr 3rd, 2012

Excellent care!

Apr 2nd, 2012

I have been a patient for 28 years and Dr. Wheeler and his physician assistants: Greg, MIssy, Heather, and Allison are all wonderful. I feel very secure seeing them all. They are all very thorough. I moved away for a few years and I was never so glad to be back to Dr. Wheeler,s practice.

Apr 2nd, 2012

Dr. Wheeler and his staff were very professional. There was a comfort level and knowledge level that one does not experience in many physician offices.

Great Family Practice Doctor show details Great Family Practice Doctor
Jul 15th, 2011

I have been going to this office for more than 20 years. Dr. Wheller is a very knowledgeable physician and his staff has always been pleasant and efficient.

Long time patient show details Long time patient
by John Tansey on Oct 23rd, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr Wheeler's for almost 33 years- we think I may be his longest running patient. He has also been the GP for my mother, father, sister, her family and my daughter. Not only do I highly recommend Dr Wheeler, I also recommend his very qualified staffed.