Psychiatrists, Addiction Medicine Specialist
5445 Park Central Ct
Ste 1
Naples, FL 34109
(239) 592-7535
Locations and availability (5)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  needs to retire  |  show details
by JL on Jan 4th, 2014

Been seeing this man for 2 years and still not better. The psychologist with him is wonderful, but cannot prescribe meds. Dr.Halikas has been doing this for too long and needs to retire. Unsympathetic and cold.

|  Do not use this quack! A Joke!  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2013

This practice is a joke! Made an appt. After an hour wait, I went and asked about my appt. There was still one more in front of me. I was taken back and explained to Dr. Halikas that I had already waited for an hour. He said in a very condescending voice that the typical wait time is 2-3 hours! He explained that I could get an appt on fridays with an actual time for an extra $150! While sitting in the waiting room, he was takiing patients back in 10-15 min increments. I got the feeling he was one of those dr.s that just gives you drugs and no therapy. You can not do therapy in 10 minutes! Do not use!

|  Terrible Experience  |  show details
by Karen B on Mar 5th, 2013

I took my son to Dr. Halikas for evaluation and maintenance of his psychiatric medications. My son had recently been released after 55 days in detox and rehab. from Suboxone. He still had cravings and told Dr. Halikas he wanted to go back on Suboxone during the visit. I vehemently protested for three reasons: my son went through terrible withdrawal syptoms getting off Suboxone, his life had been stalled and nonexistant while on Suboxone for four years, and he has no money to pay for Suboxone. I openly pleaded my case that we were there for psychiatric medication maintenance only. But this so called doctor totally ignored me and proceeded to give my son a prescription for Suboxone after I had walked out of the office. As a result, my son stole money from me to get 10 days worth of Suboxone and then landed back in rehab where he remains today. To add insult to injury. this so called "doctor" charged me $1200 for this visit and two subsequent visits (even after being told we are from Pennsylvania and would not be around for the future visits.) I plan to seek legal advice.

|  Known him professionally  |  show details
Feb 26th, 2013

He is a 'crusty crab' with a heart of gold. After having worked in the addiction/pain field many years; one just may get tired of some of the clients and their stories-perhaps he has figured out some ways to separate the wheat from the chafe. I have heard some wonderful, warm stories about him over the years in addressing some people's deepest and darkest depressions-when no one else would/could go there.

|  Dr Halikas is in wrong field  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2012

Dr Halikis is supposed to be an expert in additions. When I relapsed he said he was very disappointed in me. He of all people should know this is a disease of relapse!!!! This was after a $1000 a month of treatment....

|  :-(  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2012

After only seeing him a few times, I was told that I was basically un-fixable and would need to be on meds forever (which was proven wonrg because I have been off for a year). I was also prescribed medication that interacted with my heart medication. The pharmacist saw a red flag and new that I should stop the new medicine right away, while the doctor continued to push me to take it... not happy.

|  Good man, intelligent, terrible staff  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2012

Dr. Halikas is fairly good at his job, though a bit quick to diagnose. Nevertheless, he's probably among the better doctors available on my health plan, which may speak volumes as to how iffy my healthcare plan is; however, this bears little relevance. His weak point has nothing to do with him personally, but rather the staff manning the telephones. I've on a number of occasions been put on hold, hung up on, and then put through to voicemail upon redialing the number. He could certainly use a shake-up of staff, due to their being wholly unprofessional and entirely less than courteous. I'd recommend Dr. Halikas if you need a good psychiatrist, and are willing to make an appointment for an hour earlier than you expect to be treated. Perhaps that's because of his being in great demand, or perhaps it's an externality (like his accepting of healthcare plans that leave little choice). All he needs to do is hire new secretaries and he'd probably be a top-rated doctor (though maybe he's hired said secretaries to keep his waiting time from being even longer by having more clients coming back). Needless to say, if he does not address this issue, I won't come back.

|  show details
May 24th, 2012

Superb psychopharmacologist

|  does not know patiences after monthly visits for 3years  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2011

why am I not getting any better?

|  FAIR AND TRUSTS YOU AS YOU CONVEY HONESTLY  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2011

DR HALIKAS IS THE ONLY DOCTOR THAT WILL TRUST WHAT YOU TELL HIM UNTIL LIKE MOST PATIENTS LIE DECIEVE OR TRY TO TOO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HIM. HE BELIEVES WHAT YOU TELL HIM UNTIL YOU START CHANGING YOUR STORY ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK IS WRONG WITH YOU , WHEN TRUST IS LOST BETWEEN DOCTOR HALIKAS AND YOUR DISHONESTLY FIRST OF ALL HE KNOWS YOU HAVE LIED THE MAN HAS MORE EXPERIENCEAND IS EXTREMELY INTELGENT.MY EXPERIENCE WITH DR HALIKAS IS BE HONEST AND HE WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT AND TRY DIFFERENT MEDICATIONS UNTIL YOU FEEL BETTER THEN BEFORE YOU CAME TO HIM IM MORE THEN SATISFIED WITH HIM BECAUSE HE TRULY CARES ABOUT ME AND WANTS ME TOO BE HAPPYAND HE WONT GIVE UP ON YOU AS LONG AS YOUR TELLING HIM EXACTLY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU

|  DR HALIKAS IS HONEST CARING AND TREATS YOU FAIRLY  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2011

DR HALIKAS TREATS YOU VERY FAIR AND IF YOUR HONEST WITH HIM HE WILL THEN PRESCRIBE YOU THE PROPER MEDICATION AND DOSAGE. EXAMPLE IM DISABLED AND IM IN SEVERE CRONIC PAIN IM COMPLETLY HONEST I SHOW HIM PROOF MRI S ALL MY XRAYS WITH REPORTS OF MRI S.I DONT DRINK AND I DONT ABUSE MY MEDICATION SO HE MAKES SURE IM NOT SUFFERINGFROM LACK OF MEDICATIONS ANYONE THAT HAS SEVERE CHRONIC PAIN AND WILL FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE KNOWS YOU MUST PROVE YOUR N PAIN BE HONEST DONT ABUSE YOUR MEDS WHAT IM SAYING IS DR HALIKAS WILL TREAT YOU THE WAY YOU TREAT HIM BEING HONEST RESPECTFUL DO NOT TRY TO BE DISHONEST MAKE UP LIES ABOUT MEDS ETC I TRUST HIM WITH MY LIFE AND HE HAS FORGOTTEN MORE THEN MOST DOCTORS HINK THEY KNOW HES THE BEST AND WORT WAITING FOR

|  Didn't stay long with him, would not recommend  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2011

I only had three appointments with this doctor, and by the second appointment he had me on three different medications that were completely unnecessary.Wait time was at least over 30 minutes.

|  show details
Oct 21st, 2010

I was a patient of Dr. Halikas for over two years. The wait time to see him was sometimes over 2 hours, when I did see him he would seem to have a different personality at every appointment. He would over prescrible me medication, so much that I now have trouble establishing another Dr. He at times would become personanble with me as if he wasw angry with me (on time isaw another doctor for issues with my knee). He would then stop and start my medication sending me into withdraws. He would make it a point to see me last at times eventhough I had a specific appointment time. He prescibed me a medication, that was not appoved for adults, and I was told by the drug company not to take it. When I explained this to him. He told me to take it or he would discharege me as a patient. I encounted Dr. Halikas at an addiction treatment facility during which and after he had me placed on high levels of narcotics drugs along with others I never heard of no did he provided a print out for. He never once lisen to my heart or took my blood pressure' but had no problem asking me to pull down my pants and show him a lesion I had on my backside, and then questioned me when I told him I felt un comfotrtable. I finally discharged him as a Dr. when he placed me on a very high level of the drug suboxune, which is used for opiate withdraws, and told me it would help with my anxiety. I was not even using oppiates. I've been trying to establish a new doctor in Naples, but due to the high levels of medication he had me on feww are interestd in seeing me. When I asked him to write me enough prescriptions un till I see a new Dr. he told me to get out of his office or he would call the police. I feel this doctor is dangerous and would not recomend him to anyone.

|  its all about the money.  |  show details
by someone who also paid $15,000 for the Hand treatment. it worked. on Jul 30th, 2010

He gives you pain pills then once your hooked. He charges you $1200 for his soboxone program. Then every month he wants anther $200. To write a refill. You wait an hour to see him and your out in 15mins. All he wants is your money.

|  Good Doctor Long Wait  |  show details
by NaplesGuy on Jul 11th, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Halakis for more then 4 years. If have been suffering from ADHD, recurring depression, Panic Attacks and Generalized Anxiety Disorder for more then 15 years. He is one of the few who have helped me regain my life and ability to function. Yes his wait time stinks, but for me it is a small price to pay for my life. You can call the office ahead of time to dee how behind he is so you don't have to wait there. And he does not prescribe narcotics to drug addicts as posted in another review.

|  Wait time completely unacceptable and unprofessional  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2010

I went to Dr. Halikas to ease my adult ADHD. During my initial visit, I had to wait over 2 hours to see him. This seems hypocritical for a doctor who treats people who can't sit still for 5 minutes. He gave me Concerta, which helped my situation. However, after a 2 hour wait during my follow-up visit, I was informed along with 3 other patients that the doctor did not have enough time to see us today. This is completely unacceptable and I will being looking for a new doctor. No doctor is good enough to justify a 2 hours wait.

|  Terrible Doctor  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2009

He prescribes massive amounts of narcotics to drug addicts.