Overall Review

The best I've MET.

May 28th, 2016
I recommend highly.

September 15th, 2015
This is one of the best doctors I have ever been to. Not only does he listens, but he goes over all reports and tests with you. I would recommend him to any patient needing Neurosurgery

July 1st, 2015
I had a spinal fusion in 2011. I have been in pain ever since. I could not get any help from him after he did my surgery. I just gave up trying.

May 14th, 2015
Miracle worker

April 22nd, 2015
I love this man!
Dr. Harrop is by far the best. I was having insane nerve pain in my leg and I am so glad I found this guy! He just recently removed my spinal cord tumor as well as fixed a herniated disc. At my pre-op he explained in detail what he was going to do and made me feel very comfortable with the procedure. On my third day in the hospital at 6am he came in to do his rounds. I do not remember a word he said and hours later my nurse told me I was being discharged. I felt that was too soon to go home so I asked her if I would be seeing Dr. Harrop before I left. She assured me that he only does 6am rounds and does not come back onto the floor until the next morning. Not even 10 minutes later he comes walking into my room! He said he was in between surgeries and just wanted to check on me! He was comfortable with me going home so I felt comfortable with it. I am now almost just over 2 weeks post-op and I feel amazing. I am finally pain free and can walk normally again. His two nurses, Bessie and Sue, are amazing as well!

March 18th, 2015
Amazing doc!

August 2nd, 2014
It's Your Life
Don't make the wrong decision it's your life. Operated on by Dr. Harrop 4 years ago and from the beginning after surgery just more and more Very Painful Problems and just more and more run around by this surgeon so now I am Totally Disabled thanks to this doctor. If I were to tell you the whole story you would just think I am nuts.

July 22nd, 2012
What You Can Expect if Something Goes Wrong
Upon my last visit before surgery Dr. Harrop described what he intended to do. Well it did not include many thing that were done like Fusing 5 Disc not 3, operating from front and rear not just the rear. I am 2 years Post Op and left in Tremendous Pain and all I can get from this Doctor is one Big Run Around. I have seen over 7 other Doctors and been put on a regimen of Vitamins, all Worthless. 2 of the Specialist I have seen have come beck with A Failed Spinal Surgery. Yes hee gives you that feeling of Comfort and Assurance but don't be fooled by that nice personality as he can be very convincing. There also were suppose to be 2 Spine Surgeons in the OP Room and from what I can tell only 1 but this other Phantom Doctor got $16K for nothing. They don't use any modern teckniques just Cut and Chop/ I was left with a 1/8" gap in my Spinal Column and he couldn't understand why it wasn't Fusing together, just maybe because he didn't set the bone close enough. I am in 3 times the Pain prior to Dr. Harrop cutting and chopping away. Last the Ratings on Jefferson have dropped significantly. You Better be Careful with both and I Pray you don't fine yourself as I did.

July 3rd, 2012
Dr. Harrop has a very comforting manner about him and makes me, as a patient , feel very good. His nursing staff also is very skilled and caring. I have a difficult to diagnose back condition that Dr. Harrop and his staff are determined to correct.The office staff is a little less organized and are in a transition of moving offices.

May 30th, 2012
Excellent Doctor and Great Man
Dr. Harrop is in my opinion one of the best doctors anywhere! His combination of knowledge, skill, caring and humanity is excellent. Being a nurse and knowing and seeing many doctors in action brings me to conclusion. I recommend this Doctor to anyone with Neurological problems!cmj

May 3rd, 2012
Dr. Harrop is an exceptional doctor
After searching around for a doctor to take out my spinal cord tumor I ended my search with Dr. Harrop. My local doctors were trying to keep my surgery close to home, but after seeing who they recomended I knew I had to keep looking. The first visit with Dr. Harrop he reviewed step by step my condition and was confident that he could remove it and has removed similar tumors. It was a very risky surgery but he took every precaution. My husband and I felt very comfortable with dr harrop. Good bedside manor. He even went a step further and is the first Dr. to red flag my medical history and inform me that I might have a medical condition that is causing the tumors. Other doctors just looked right past them. I am 36 and doing well in my recovery. Thanks to Dr. Harrop.