Surgeons
Center City East
909 Walnut St Fl 2
Philadelphia, PA 19107
215-955-7000
Locations and availability (3)

|  It's Your Life  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2014

Don't make the wrong decision it's your life. Operated on by Dr. Harrop 4 years ago and from the beginning after surgery just more and more Very Painful Problems and just more and more run around by this surgeon so now I am Totally Disabled thanks to this doctor. If I were to tell you the whole story you would just think I am nuts.

|  Expert Diagnosis  |  show details
by Joseph A Brusco on Sep 2nd, 2013

I've have been seeing various doctors regarding my spinal issues for 7 years. Prior to seeing Dr Harrup, I had 3 spinal operstions which, to the credit of the previous surgeon, did relieve the intense pain but left me lame having to use a cand and limiting the distance that I could walk. After seeing Dr Harrup and having him perform surgery, not only has my pain been further relieved (virtually non-existant) but my walking has improved and continues to improve. Dr Harrup is a highly experienced and talented physician. Therefore, I wholeheartedly endorse him.

|  What You Can Expect if Something Goes Wrong  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2012

Upon my last visit before surgery Dr. Harrop described what he intended to do. Well it did not include many thing that were done like Fusing 5 Disc not 3, operating from front and rear not just the rear. I am 2 years Post Op and left in Tremendous Pain and all I can get from this Doctor is one Big Run Around. I have seen over 7 other Doctors and been put on a regimen of Vitamins, all Worthless. 2 of the Specialist I have seen have come beck with A Failed Spinal Surgery. Yes hee gives you that feeling of Comfort and Assurance but don't be fooled by that nice personality as he can be very convincing. There also were suppose to be 2 Spine Surgeons in the OP Room and from what I can tell only 1 but this other Phantom Doctor got $16K for nothing. They don't use any modern teckniques just Cut and Chop/ I was left with a 1/8" gap in my Spinal Column and he couldn't understand why it wasn't Fusing together, just maybe because he didn't set the bone close enough. I am in 3 times the Pain prior to Dr. Harrop cutting and chopping away. Last the Ratings on Jefferson have dropped significantly. You Better be Careful with both and I Pray you don't fine yourself as I did.

|  show details
Jul 3rd, 2012

Dr. Harrop has a very comforting manner about him and makes me, as a patient , feel very good. His nursing staff also is very skilled and caring. I have a difficult to diagnose back condition that Dr. Harrop and his staff are determined to correct.The office staff is a little less organized and are in a transition of moving offices.

|  Excellent Doctor and Great Man  |  show details
May 30th, 2012

Dr. Harrop is in my opinion one of the best doctors anywhere! His combination of knowledge, skill, caring and humanity is excellent. Being a nurse and knowing and seeing many doctors in action brings me to conclusion. I recommend this Doctor to anyone with Neurological problems!cmj

|  Dr. Harrop is an exceptional doctor  |  show details
May 3rd, 2012

After searching around for a doctor to take out my spinal cord tumor I ended my search with Dr. Harrop. My local doctors were trying to keep my surgery close to home, but after seeing who they recomended I knew I had to keep looking. The first visit with Dr. Harrop he reviewed step by step my condition and was confident that he could remove it and has removed similar tumors. It was a very risky surgery but he took every precaution. My husband and I felt very comfortable with dr harrop. Good bedside manor. He even went a step further and is the first Dr. to red flag my medical history and inform me that I might have a medical condition that is causing the tumors. Other doctors just looked right past them. I am 36 and doing well in my recovery. Thanks to Dr. Harrop.

|  Spinal Surgery Difficult Spinal Surgery  |  show details
Dec 11th, 2011

When Dr. Harrop operated on me I was 63 and had a failed surgery frrom another doctor about 4 years before.; He is Very Percise, Tells you exactly what he is going to do and does it. He is a Very Positive and an Excellent amount of knowledge. I can only Rate Dr. Harrop Very High.

|  y Spinal Surgery  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2011

After a number of visits we both agreed Surgery was the only option. I had seen a number of Surgeons from Penn., Jeff, Hopkins. etc and had been through everything, Spinal Stimulator, Epidurals, etc. This surgery turned out to be much more complex and difficult that I could imagine. My 1st choice was a Neuro from Penn and he would not operate saying He was Afraid he would just put me in more Pain than I am experiencing. He was absolutely CORRECT I am almost 2 years Post and each month the Pain continues to get worse. Now I am left with very little choices as you can not find any Good Surgeon that will even speak with me. If you take a Bad Situation and make it Worse no other Surgeon will jump in and Correct another Surgeon's mistakes. Before the surgery I could control the Pain with Meds and now the Meds don't even help. This was Horrible (8) hour Operation and I am much Worse Off. Be extremely careful when chosing Surgeons and it definitely seems I made the Wrong Choice.

|  i love these guys  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2010

so far so good.they got me figured out where others failed.stephanie is the best for setting things up in a difficult time.dr happop is the bomb

|  show details
Aug 19th, 2010

Great Neuro Surgeon who handled a very complex operation to my spine. He also has other doctors that have great repretations working with him. Personally after 6 years of my vegetating away he gave me life again. I would highly recommend him to anyone. No Jersey Hospitals you have only one spine so get the best you can Jefferson and Dr. Harrop.