Dr. James Hartje MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

November 16th, 2016
Horrible experience!! Went in to see Dr because I was having diarrhea and vomiting and he saw me literally for 5 mins and that ws it I called into the office today because I still have my symptoms and his assistant told me oh well you didn't write down that you had diarrhea when you came in (like if I was at a restaurant and didn't tell the waitress that I wanted something) and mind you when I went I had to fill out a lot of paperwork where I put my symptoms. His assistant is also very rude. Horrible experience!!

May 18th, 2015
Concerned, honest, genuine!
Dr. Hartje and his staff are "the best"! Yes, he called BOTH my husband and myself, post op, to inquire about us! HE called, personally! He was calming, professional, and very kind! A wonderful Dr. Trust him implicitly.

September 27th, 2013
Colonoscopy
Scheduled a routine colonoscopy. Called office and easy to set a date and time. Procedure was professionally done and a follow up call was made that afternoon to see how I was feeling.

September 2nd, 2011
T-shirt and blue jeans??? C'mon!
Dr Hartje performed my colonoscopy dressed in blue jeans and a black t-shirt. His nurses and technicians were all dressed appropriately in scrubs. My husband thought he was a janitor, not a doctor. I was not impressed by him.

March 17th, 2011
Aways available
Six of my family members (including my husband and I) have had Dr. Hartje for a variety of problems. I never heard one negative comment and the problems were solved. We always remember how wonderful he was to our mother.

February 7th, 2011
Don't go to him!! He said there was nothing wrong and then I got a second opinion and the other doctor was able to diagnose me. Just not a good doctor at all!

January 7th, 2011
He found the problem
If it wasn't for Dr Hartje I would still be in pain. He acted quick and scheduled surgery right away.

May 23rd, 2010
This doctor won't let you get a word in edgewise, insists he knows way more about your situation than you do. I went for an upper gi and colonoscopy in Sept. 09 because I had pain and stiffness in my right abdomen. He said he saw absolutely nothing wrong with me and even told me I had no hemmroids, which my pcp told me I had. Problem has since gotten moderately worse with no more answers. Do not see this doctor!