A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Heckman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Heckman is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Heckman
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Heckman Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Heckman, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Compartment Syndromes
- Femoral Fractures
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Internal Fracture Fixation
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Leg Fracture (Tibial Fractures)
- Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Open Fractures
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Ununited Fractures
- Wrist Fracture (Radius Fractures)
Education & Awards
Dr. Heckman graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Heckman has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital
- Mass General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Donald Heckman MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 43 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James D. Heckman practice?
- Dr. James Heckman has 1 office location.
Dr. James Heckman practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Boston, MA.
See Boston Orthopedic Surgeons.