A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Heckman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Heckman is Good.
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Heckman, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Compartment Syndromes
- Femoral Fractures
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Internal Fracture Fixation
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Leg Fracture (Tibial Fractures)
- Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Open Fractures
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Ununited Fractures
- Wrist Fracture (Radius Fractures)
Education & Awards
Dr. Heckman graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Heckman has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital
- Mass General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Donald Heckman MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 42 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James D. Heckman practice?
- Dr. James Heckman has 1 office location.
Dr. James Heckman practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Boston, MA.
See Boston Surgeons.