A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Hekman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Hekman is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Hekman, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Hekman graduated from University of Chicago. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Hekman has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Hillcrest Hospital
- Cleveland Clinic HS - Fairview Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hekman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Anthem - 10 plans
- SummaCare Health Plan - 7 plans