Dr. James Helgager MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Oceanside, CA

April 21st, 2017
Great surgeon for hip joint replacement
I had a joint replaced by Dr. Helgagar in Feb. 2017. He did a great job, and I can only recommend him for his medical skills and experience.

December 6th, 2016
great preperation for the surgery, wonderful outcome and follow up.

November 7th, 2016
Dr. James Helgager
From my first visit to surgery went very smoothly. I was provided with pre-surgery and post surgery information that was very clear and informative to get me comfortly through the knee replacement surgery. I really appreciate Dr Helgagers daily chech ins with the Health Loop site.

October 12th, 2016
Excellent doctor and surgeon. Doesn't banter or small talk. Very knowledgeable and confident. Did both of my hip replacements and I'm am eternally grateful for his excellent work.

September 27th, 2016
Best Ortho guy in North County
I chose Dr. James Helgager after researching the available surgeons and discovering how highly respected he was. My next-door neighbor and my neighbor across the street also had their hips done by Dr. Helgager. Three people (4 procedures) in the same cul du sac with the same procedure (total hip replacement) in less than 2 years and everyone is very happy with their results. I highly recommend him for hip replacement procedures.

April 21st, 2016
Doesn't spend much time doing an exam and doesn't talk much. He made me feel like he either had other things to do or he didn't have a clue as to the next step. I followed up with Dr. Coopermen who was much better.

March 28th, 2016
Get the number right!
My only problem with this doctor is that the office staff seem determined to call me on any number except the pne I ask them to use over and over and over. I hope they are more efficient with my knees and my records! I get calls on several phone numbers not used by me aboutappointments and my callfor information today has not been answered by close of business. Iwonder if they are calling wrong numbers still despite many requests to update their computer records which were erroneous in the first place.

March 3rd, 2016
Good, but...
I would prefer a two way communication system for follow up. When I have questions, I would like to ask during these "follow ups. "

February 9th, 2016
I can't say enough about Dr Helgager and his staff. Every appointment, interaction, follow up deserves a higher rating than excellent. I was the lucky one when he was referred to me. I'm in Heathcare and very picky about every aspect of care and customer service.

February 6th, 2016
I really enjoy Dr. Helgager professionalism and knowledge. I am very happy with his diagonis and would recommend him to my relatives and friends.

September 6th, 2014
Poor Service
I've seen Dr. Helgager many times over the past ten years. Things used to be great but that has changed dramatically. He is part of an office that has at least 10 Doctors. The waiting room is crazy full and the girls that work the front counter are stressed. His staff have become very uncaring, especially one named Dina, and if one thing goes wrong with your insurance coverage good luck trying to get them to call you. You will talk to someone different every time you call them and they don't take the time pass along messages to the doctor. Find a good ortho that has his own practice and things will go much smoother for you.

April 13th, 2014
Highly Recommend.
I was very impressed with Dr Helgager. He performed a total knee replacement on my left knee. Several years ago, I had total knee replacement on my right knee. My left knee scar was half the size of the earlier surgery. I had half the pain and recovery was much faster Dr. Helgager was very caring. I would definitely recommend him.