A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Hellerman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Hellerman is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Hellerman, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology and Metabolism.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Calcium Metabolism Disorders
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Thyroid Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Hellerman graduated from University of Rochester . He has 1 awards.
Dr. Hellerman has 10 hospital affiliations:
- NY Westchester Square Medical Center
- St Barnabas Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hellerman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 17 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 10 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James G. Hellerman practice?
Dr. James Hellerman practices Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism, and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism near Tarrytown, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Bronx, NY and Yorktown Heights, NY.
See Tarrytown Internists and Tarrytown Endocrinologists.