A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Helm:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Helm is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Helm
Bowel Incontinence Patient Education Our bowel incontinence patient education guide explains causes and treatment options for fecal issues.Before Visiting Dr. Helm Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Helm, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Peptic Esophagitis
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Helm graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City.
Dr. Helm has 1 hospital affiliations:
- The Tampa General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James F Helm MD is a male Internist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. James F. Helm practice?
- Dr. James Helm has 1 office location.
Dr. James Helm practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Tampa, FL.
See Tampa Internists and Tampa Gastroenterologists.