A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Helm:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Helm is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Helm
Crohn's Disease Patient Education Learn about Crohn's Disease and possible symptoms such as intestinal blockage with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Helm Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Helm, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Peptic Esophagitis
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Helm graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City.
Dr. Helm has 1 hospital affiliations:
- The Tampa General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James F Helm MD is a male Internist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. James F. Helm practice?
- Dr. James Helm has 1 office location.
Dr. James Helm practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Tampa, FL.
See Tampa Internists and Tampa Gastroenterologists.