Dr. James Herrera MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

August 17th, 2016
Bruised ego trumps teenager's safety--DO NOT RECOMMEND
Dr. Herrera has impressive credentials but has zero bedside manner and is dangerously arrogant. I'm not looking for a friendly doctor, just a competent and professional psychiatrist. However when we disagreed on a treatment plan for my teen daughter, he gave an ultimatum (which we didn't agree with and neither did the rest of the therapy team such as our individual, group, and family therapists). Subsequently, he completely cut us off AND refused to refer us to other physicians (a standard medical practice) since he would essentially blacklist us from other psychiatrists. This is beyond unprofessional--To compromise my daughter's safety and treatment, and prevent her access to another psychiatrist because his professional ego was bruised is unconscionable. DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL.

November 17th, 2013
Compassionate, thorough, knowledgeable & persistent
I have seen a number of psychiatrists and none of them have compared to Dr Herrera. He is by far the most thorough and compassionate Dr I have ever met. He is truely concerned about the well being of his patients and not only follows up with me but my therapist as well. He is very accessible and patient in addressing all of my concerns. He is an amazing mental health professional who has a wonderful bedside manner.

October 18th, 2012
Fantastic doctor
Dr. Herrera truly cares about the wellbeing of his patients and works very hard to be as good as he is at what he does.