Dr. James Hobley MD Patient Reviews

September 21st, 2016
GREAT DOCTOR - Clinic Staff Needs Training in Patient Satisfaction, Professionalism, Compassion,
I did my homework and this is the man to see, Dr. Hobley, but it is extremely hard to go through the clinic process there. It is not par with the standards of the doctor or the minimum standard of care/support that one should expect as a patient (or customer). Each of the workers that have a part in processing you on the day of your appointment seem disenchanted with their job or their potential contribution to your health. My name is 2 syllables, very simple, and no matter how many times I nicely pointed out that they were calling me by a name I do not recognize or listen for (mispronouncing 2 syllables into 1) and that I wrote phonetically on top of my forms, I received defensive responses vs. a mere effort to correct the reoccurring problem. Other large medical facilities use my name correctly without issue. Your name is called out over the waiting area at least 6 times on your first visit by different employees that perform a specific task in your processing. None tried or cared to learn my name. Also, they charted all my medications wrong, wrong names, wrong dosing, everything wrong. Thank goodness, I caught this on procedure day and the kind/competent lady that took me back for my procedure shared my concern per these vast errors. She retyped my entire list into the system. She essentially had to redo someone else's job. She was great! Reminder, she works on the surgery center side. They're all great. Other problems with the clinic; a) cannot get phone calls answered in person once receptionists transfer the call to the department you request (called umpteen times like a compulsive nut just to get my appts. lined out. Left messages and no returned calls came, over and over); b) After procedure, you are given a blue card with a date, time, and phone number for you to call to get lab results from your biopsies taken during the procedure. I called repeatedly for 5 days beyond the date on the card only to receive a recorded message that there was no information available. Fine, I don't need this service, but you gave me a card and I did what you told me and you wasted my time and energy for 5 days! Doesn't a patient's time, energy, and/or health matter? I called the clinic to find out why I could not get information when I followed all their instructions and guess what?? I got a voice mail. This lady did process my message and I got a call back (was a bit surprised), but when I told her the troubles I was having, I got a hefty load of defensive excuses. My experience did not matter to her. To me, this indicates that the employee does not care about me as a patient or about the physician she is representing OR the clinic as a whole; c) Patient Portal... don't bother, there is 0 information about me, my history, my appts., my procedure outcomes, nothing, another waste of patient's time and a poor reflection on the clinic; d) In the process of discovery of these issues in this Gastro operation, I initially thought that my feedback could be helpful to those invested in this business. I accessed a patient feedback survey on their website. I took the time to properly share my experience and areas of needed improvement (remember, just shooting for minimal standards, not clinic of the year or anything) and guess what??? Another waste of patient (my) time. I received no response what-so-ever, nor did anything improve per my following appointments. SUMMARY: I like this doctor. I know he is an excellent doc. The staff in the surgery center are outstanding. The clinic is apparently a mismanaged, substandard. My objective is not to put any one person down and it is not intended to be taken personally. I have shared this information to make you aware of what to expect if you choose this clinic. I care about all people and especially their journeys to wellness. From my professional past, I recognize that doctors are usually completely unaware of how the "front" handles their patients. Doctors, office managers, CEO's, boards, CFO's, etc., all need to be aware that there is a breakdown in your operation. Please put this information I have provided to good use and correct the issues. It would behoove all. Thank you. NOTE: Could not give five stars in the area of "spends time with me" because Dr. Hobley uses a nurse practitioner. It is my belief that patients have a right to know if they are going to see a nurse practitioner vs. the doctor that they have an appointment to see. The doctor and the nurse practitioner in this case and most cases have vastly different training. There are many great NP's, but we as patients should be informed so we can decide if we want to see an NP or to see a doctor. If I purchase a Lexus, I do not want a Corolla, and especially with no knowledge that I am getting a Corolla, not a Lexus!

July 14th, 2016
Everyone at this Clinic was so very nice and helpful. The receptionists, Nurses, NP and Dr were wonderful. I would recommend this group to anyone. The nicest and most caring place....thank you all!

April 27th, 2016
Highly Recommend!

November 1st, 2014
Confused about Info given by Dr Hobley's staff
I was patient of Dr Poch, he did not believe I had gallbladder problems. After many tests, associate of Dr Poch's, Dr Hobley did EUS, found stones and sludge in the gallbladder. Took months to get this result, very sick thru all this. One & half years later after removal of gallbladder still having stomach problems, called to get appt. with Dr Hobley was told he was not accepting new patients. I do not want to see Dr Poch, do not like his attitude or his nurse, very rude. Was I told Dr Hobley wouldn't accept new patient because I first saw Dr Poch? I believe I was not told the truth. My brother-in-law is a doctor in Shreveport , he is giving me another recommendation for a gastro doctor.

August 25th, 2014
Service Delivery
Very professional and thorough. Most pleasant staff. Would highly recommend and will use services again.