Dr. James Hollowell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 13th, 2015
Cervical spine
Dr spent time detailing my condition. Went thru needed surgery details I could understand. He answered all my questions.

October 23rd, 2014
Patient
I have never met any physician more egotistcal or pompus than this particular physician. It is not about the patient, it is all about his schedule. I do not recommend him at all.

July 31st, 2013
Surgery review
I've had low back issues for 5 years now and after seeing 3 different surgeons due to insurance, it got to the point where the conservative treatments stopped working and I was in daily pain. Dr. Hollowell thankfully came back on my insurance and since all conservative methods stopped working he suggested a L4-L5 fusion (TLIF). I am 16 days post op and walking about 2mi a day with no sign of my pre surgical pain. The post surgical pain faded quickly and I am ecstatic to get my life back. He has an excellent PA Jennifer who compliments him well and explains everything in detail. He can be "dry" personality wise however, that makes no difference to me when I'm out and he's working on my spine. I have been told by many in the medical field he is one of the best, and after this I have no doubt.

July 22nd, 2013
Very pleased with Dr. Hollowell and his staff! All questions answered without being made to feel rushed. Very pleasant atmosphere in the office, never wait more than 10 minutes for my appointments.

June 17th, 2013
just a bad dr.
vulgar and tasteless. He did not want to help or explain anything to me. He was very confrontational when I said he did not explain to me enough of what was going on with me.Got defensive and made me feel scared. To where I would never let him near me with a knife. look elsewhere.

June 5th, 2013
Thanks Dr. Hollowell
Dr. Hollowell was excellent, he was able to get me in for surgery, and fix my back pain. He was the only doctor that took the time to explain my mri to me, and to tell me what was causing my pain. His staff was excellent. Thanks to Dr. Hollowell, and his staff I am pain free.

May 25th, 2013
The Best Surgeon!!
I consider Dr. Hollowell the best spinal surgeon! In my book, the sun rises and sets on this doctor's medical expertise. He listens and makes sure I understand what is going on. While at times, I wish we could have just cut to the chase to get the surgery completed, he believes in the importance of first trying the least invasive methods first. And, even when he believes he knows exactly what to do, he is not afraid to get one more opinion so the surgery is a success. The most recent surgery he performed on me was cervical fusion. Prior to that he performed a lower lumbar surgery that was actually to correct another surgeon's work. In my book he is the best!!!

May 9th, 2013
Has my trust
Have seen Dr. Hollowell for two separate back surgeries. He performed the necessary test and explained my options before each surgery. He never made any promises as to the outcome, but each time there was considerable improvement. I would recommend him to anyone seeking care for spine related problems.

March 29th, 2013
I could not choose a better doctor!

February 10th, 2013
Long wait, then he made me take numerous tests, which I found out was unnecessary. Incompetent doctor....look elsewhere.

January 17th, 2013
AWSOME DOCTOR!
Had a double spinal fusion and an si joint fusion in 2012, nearly pain free. I highly recommend he and his staff

December 27th, 2010
Makes me feel like I'm an inconveinience to him.