Osteopaths, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
3015 Squalicum Pkwy
Ste 200
Bellingham, WA 98225
360-733-2092
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Feb 28th, 2014

Dr. Holstine is exceptional. He provided meniscus surgery to me for a significant tear. His expertise and care made me feel very comfortable. The Peace Health Orthopedic office staff were friendly, on time, informative, and very organized with scheduling surgery and contacting insurance. Ten weeks post surgery my knee felt 100%. I recommend him with the highest degree of confidence.

|  show details
Dec 3rd, 2012

Dr. Holstine replaced my hip ten years ago. I am currently working with him regarding a revision. He has continually been supportive, proactive, and conservative in his dealings with me. I anticipate this time will be as effective as the last, professional and life-changing. I appreciate his expertise.

|  Totally UNimpressed with office staffing and hours  |  show details
Jan 14th, 2011

Who shuts down totally a medical office for 90 minutes during the middle of the day? Somebody should be there to man the phones during a time that is often the only part of the day a person who works can get to the phone!! And while I'm at it, WHO HEARD OF CLOSING EARLY ON FRIDAYS?! And why are not my concerns or requests responded to with more courtesy and more timeliness. Am I not the customer? Am I not to be treated with respect? That being said, I've been treated fairly by Dr. Holstine. I agree with others in that his bedside manner isn't top-notch. However, given his expertise and knowledge, I can tolerate some brusqueness! Operation was slick, PT is going nicely, and full recovery and return to sports in the fall is expected.

|  Great hip replacement  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2010

Over a period of 3 years, Dr Holstine has replaced one hip for me - a very successful operation, and provided regular follow-ups. He takes the time needed to understand status and problems and has provided excellent service in researching follow-on issues and providing reference to resolve items beyond his specialty. I have recommended Dr Holstine to a number of friends and acquaintances.

|  Understaffed and short of patience  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2010

I'm currently under treatment by this orthopedic office following an injury to my knee. I'm sure the surgery was conducted with utmost skill, but my subsequent interaction with the office has been less than stellar. The staff seems to always be on the verge of losing their temper when I'm on the phone with them, sounding as if there are a million other things they'd rather be doing than discussing a patient's ridiculous concerns. Wait times for someone to answer phone calls is outrageous, and when you finally do get to leave a message, they call back once, 2 days later, and make it seem like it's your fault that you weren't right by the phone if you missed it. Very annoyed with this office at the moment.

|  knee surgery  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2010

3 years after an injury, I finially consulted with Dr Holstine. He made a dx and offered surgery. I thought he would find more damage, I was sure my ACL was torn. I waqs wrong, but 1 month after surgery I was still in pain and he recommended a certain exercise and re-assured me I would get better. That was 3 years ago, my knee has never been better.Thank you Dr Holstine!