Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

|  Good Dr. but not personable  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2011

Made a quick appt. to see about getting my shoulder repaired. Dr. spent enough time with me but was not honest about the type of surgery I was having. I wanted a particular type of surgery, he said he would do it, then on day of surgery I was told he NEVEr does that type of surgery and I could make an appt. with one of his associates to have the surgery done the way I wanted it. By this time I was lying on the bed in the surgical center and my husband had already taken 3 days off work for this. The surgery went off alright though.

|  show details
Sep 7th, 2011

I changed Dr after first appointment. He did not spend more than 2 minutes with me. Did not explain anything at first said I had a frozen shoulder then grabbed my arm and yanked it up causing INTENSE pain and said I have a torn rotator cuff and said I needed an MRI and exited the room before I could say a work. I was reeling. Needless to say, I am changing doctors. I think he may have damaged my shoulder further as the pain has been worse since my appointment.

|  I needed a repeat surgery  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2011

I ended up having a rare fracture in my arm after a car accident and he did my first (YES..FIRST...)surgery where I needed a plate and 6 screws. When I first met with him, he rushed with me and spent maybe 2 minutes with me. After my surgery, I ended up moving away for a job. I knew something wasn't right as my wrist was sucking in when I tried turning it (lost mobility in turning my palm). Then, my radius became EXTREMELY bowed. The plate was bent (I'm sure he bent the plate during surgery and my other surgeon has no clue "what he was thinking"). My radius was still not aligned in my wrist, and my whole arm was malrotated. I just had yet ANOTHER surgery to fix what Dr. Holtzclaw did.\, have to miss a month of work, and learn to reuse my arm and hand. Oh, not to mention I have a freakishly long and ugly scar from his incision site and horrible suturing/aftercare. Every single hand/arm specialist I've seen in my new state say this scar shouldn't have been this long (it's half the size of my forearm), and being a woman, it was very hard to deal with. I am VERY disappointed. I just learned of another person who has to have another repeat wrist surgery also. DO NOT go to him!

|  16 Year Old Son  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2011

My 16 year old son was in a teriible car accident that broke literally every bone in BOTH legs. Dr. Holtzclaw performed surgery on him at 1 am to put rods in, and it has now been 5 months, and you are barely able to tell there was an accident. I firmly believe that if Dr. Holztclaw had not been there, there is a very good chance that my son may not have had such a successful recovery. Other ortho doctors even commented on how great his work was. It is nice to chat and feel comfy with your doc, but when it comes down to it, his work is what matters. And his work could not have been better!

|  show details
Jan 4th, 2011

Terrible bedside manner. He was walking out the door after 2 minutes and didn't even ask if I had questions. Definitely would not recommend this doctor to another.

|  Bad Bedside  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2010

Definitely didn't like him. Terrible bedside manner; hard to trust.

|  office is managed very poorly  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2010

after making my appoint with the office manager and confirming with my insurance that they are accepted basically double confirming that this office accepted my insurance i was turned away after waiting an hour because the office staff could not get in touch with my insurance company. as i watched another patient go into the office without an ID and with no proof of insurance. this tells me that this office could care less about their patients and is all about the dollar i would stay as far away from this pratice as possible. if there were a lower rating than poor i would select it.