A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Hooten:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Hooten is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Hooten
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Patient Education Learn about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome by reading our patient guide overview page.Before Visiting Dr. Hooten Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Hooten, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Hooten graduated from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Hooten has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Alamance Regional Medical Center
- Alamance Reg Med Ctr, Burlington, Nc
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James P Hooten MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 24 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James P. Hooten practice?
- Dr. James Hooten has 1 office location.
Dr. James Hooten practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Burlington, NC.
See Burlington Orthopedic Surgeons.