A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Hopkins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Hopkins is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Hopkins, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Hopkins graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Hopkins has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Christiana Care Health Services
- Union Hospital of Cecil County
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hopkins accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- CareFirst - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Delaware - 1 plan
- Priority Partners - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James T. Hopkins practice?
Dr. James Hopkins practices Interventional Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology near Newark, DE.
Additional practice locations include: Wilmington, DE.
See Newark Cardiologists.