Dr. James Hoski MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 8th, 2016
Dr. Hoskie is absolutely the best! Performed a triple cervical discectomy on me 10 years ago - C4-5, 5-6, 6-7 and a double laminectomy on me 3 years ago - L-4, L-5. Tried the epidural injections before the surgery but were not effective long term. Not only am I back lifting weights again, but have been playing competitive racquetball for two plus years. He knows what he's doing. If you follow up the surgery with proper strengthening and stretching, you will be back to your old self quickly.

March 28th, 2016
Fusion
Dr Hoskie performed a L5-S1 Fusion in 2009 after several other treatments and Cortisone shots. The surgery was very successful as I have had no pain since then. Followed his instructions after the surgery and was walking 10 miles within 3 months. I would highly recommend him. Only downfall is he is very busy and it can be hard to see him at times.

October 22nd, 2015
DR. HOSKI TREATED ME FOR 1 1/2 YEARS NOTING SPINAL STENOSIS AND SIATICA PROBLEMS GIVING ME STEROID SHOTS IN TO MY SPINE ALL THE TIME SUGGESTING SPINAL SURGERY. FINALLY IT GOT SO BAD, WHEN I COULD HARDLY WALK, HAVING EXCRUTIATING PAIN, I AGREED. PER CHANCE, AFTER 1 1/2 YEARS HE ORDERED AN X RAY WHICH TOOK A FEW SECONDS AND THEM BY ACCIDENT IT WAS NOT A SPINAL PROBLEM, BUT I NEEDED A HIP REPLACEMENT. 18 MONTHS MONTHS OF UNECESSARY PAIN. I AM GLAD IT WAS FINALLY DISCOVERED, EVEN BY ACCIDENT. DR. HOSKI WAS QUIICK TO KEEP INSISTING ON SURGERY THAT WAS TOTALLY UNESSARY. GET ANOTHER DR. OTHER THAN HOSKI OR AT LEAST GET A SECOND OPINION. MAYBE DR. HOSKI SHOULD NOT BE PRACTICING SURGERY OR MEDICINE CAN YOU IMAGINE HAVING SURGERY THAT WAS TOTALLY UNECESSARY!

July 1st, 2015
Dr Hoski correctly diagnosed my back problem other ortho Drs. just wanted to operate. He cured my problem with a series of shots that worked wonderfully .

April 15th, 2013
Conservative is good
I have had two spinal surgeries performed by Dr Hoski that have afforded me a lot more function and decreased the constant pain I am in. Dr Hoski was conservative in my treatment and did not do surgery until time was right. When MRI and EMG showed arm and leg problems due to stenosis, surgery was scheduled. I would highly recommend him as a surgeon. I come from another state to get his opinion and injections in my lumbar spine when needed. I am retired RN.

August 30th, 2012
Since Dr. Hoski is a specialist in Orthopeadic Spine surgery you will mostly likely have to have a referral as I did from my primary care doctor. They made an appointment for me and I was seen for my back problem. He made an accurate diagnosis and I was pleased to have someone who knew what they were doing. My chiropractor made things worse and was not interested in having me see a back specialist. I'm so glad I did. He took his time with me and I was very pleased with him as a doctor. For those who didn't like the wait time...anyone who is worth going to is going to be busy and my take some time to get into see. So if yo want the best you better be patient.

May 17th, 2012
For Fear reprisal I can't say anything more It started with waiting 1 hour in a Exam room that was so uncomfortable that by the time he got there I was in so much pain I couldn't focas on what he was saying although i did my best to not let him see that even if i should have He's got some phobia that all patient's want are pain pills The whole world's not drug addicts some people have genuine need anyway i wont ever recommend him and when asked I have nothing good as in what he said to me and I quote "Come back when you are in a wheel chair" "I cant fix worn out no matter when you break then I can fix the problem by the time I'm in a wheel chair I beleive it's to late

May 17th, 2012

July 10th, 2010
This man gave my life back to me! He knew right away how to help and explained it so well. The only bad thing about my experience (other than the awful pain I was in) was that I had to wait so long for the surgery. I don't see how that was his fault. The hospital was so completely booked for weeks. I will certainly go back to Dr. Hoski if I ever need this kind of surgery again.

February 23rd, 2010
Blessed to have met Dr. Hoski
Dr. Hoski is a great doctor. He is very thorough, knowledgeable, courteus, and a nice person. He operated on my husband, and everything went as explained. He always stayed in touched during surgery. Made himself available when needed while my husband was at the hospital. He makes patients and family members at ease. We completely trust him, and my husband's surgery and recovery went as expected. Dr. Hoski is also compassionate and caring. If I ever need an ortho dr. I hope he is still around.

April 15th, 2009
didn't get to see the doctor although my appointment was suppose to be w/ him Seen his PA......When appointment was made and the follow up call for confirmation all indicated appointment was w/ Dr. Hoski, which is what I requested and the referral doctor. Suppose to have an MRI on that date....according to the person who made the appointment. However, when I arrived and didn't get to see the doctor and was also told the MRI machine was being serviced and I'd have to reschedule another day. The PA was totally non attached and didn't seem to hear anything I was saying. He only wanted me to answer the questions the way he wanted.....He didn't not seem to be interested in what was/is going on with me. He wanted a yes/no answer and if I didn't not respond to his question with his expectations...he seem to become annoyed. He wanted to state statistic quotations to me in regard to other folks w/ simular problems. That's not my insurance was paying for or me.......I needed a doctor to be attentive to my personal situation with is quite dire at the time. I can get on the web and gaterh statistics on my own........VERY VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE SERVICES I RECEIVED!!!!!!!!!

February 27th, 2009
Pain after care
Excellent surgeon with no concern for pain control after he cuts.