Dr. James Houston Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Houston?

October 5th, 2017

Doctor James S. Houston is a Rock Star.

This doctor is incredible. Used to be in charge of both pain management offices at Walter Reed Medical Center and Bethesda Military Hospital. Best doctor in the World. Bedside manor is the Best. It is like talking to an old Friend. I give this doctor 100 out of 5 stars. I used to see Doctor Cherrick 2 stars maybe. In the Springfield Office walk out of Cherrick's office and turn left, take about five steps, turn right and you are at the Best Pain Management Doctor in the World. The wait time varies. Dr. Houston spends as much time as you need. Well worth a little wait. His Staff are so friendly. His Nurse is awesome. Can't say enough great things to say about this guy.

September 6th, 2017

Absolutely Amazing

I had an original injury that left me four boots and four casts with in 3 years. After the physical injury healing I was still in pain. I went to 4 different doctors before Dr. Houston and none of them could help me. Dr. Houston could. He set a treatment plan and was nothing but amazing during my visits. Less than a year after my initial visit I am healed. Amazing doctor and would recommend!

August 24th, 2017

OUTSTANDING TOTAL PATIENT CARE

I SUFFER FROM AN INCURABLE PAIN DISEASE, TRIGEMINAL NEURALGIA, AND IT IS ONLY DR. HOUSTON'S EXPERTISE IN TOTAL PAIN MANAGEMENT THAT HAS HELPED ME TO HANG ONTO LIFE WHEN SUFFERRING THE TORTURES OF PAIN ATTACKS. All of his staff is always supportive and their constancy, as well, helps me to live another day. This disease has a 25% suicide rate - many doctors will not treat it, but Dr. Houston constantly manages it without hesitation and he understands the severe psychological damage as well, so in addition to the great medical care, he, and his staff, ALWAYS give, and give, and give encouragement and hope.

August 17th, 2017

Great Doctor and staff!

I feel very confident in Dr. Houston and his well trained staff. He has been a lifesaver.

February 15th, 2017

He's the best!

September 29th, 2016

Awesome Doctor!

I started seeing him because of his online reviews. Dr. Houston not only treats your pain, but he actually does everything he can to pinpoint the cause of your pain so that he can correct the problem. He has prescribed physical therapy and x-rays, in addition to having two SIJ injections. Those did not help, they actually ended up causing more (temporary) pain instead of alleviating it. This told him that the spot he thought was causing my pain is not where it's actually coming from, so we're on to the next step. His office staff, and the staff at the hospital where he does the injections, are so friendly that I remark on it every time I see them. I was told last week by one of the nurses that the reason everyone is so friendly is that Dr. Houston makes working for him a joy, that they actually enjoy going to work every day. And, it shows. He WILL find the cause, and I have every confidence that he'll do his part to fix it. I am so glad I found him and will recommend him to anyone who needs a great doctor. He's not afraid to prescribe meds that help, but if that's all you're looking for then you should find another doctor because he is going to require you to take part in trying to find the root cause of your pain and fix it. If you do your part, he will do his. He is a Godsend!

February 3rd, 2016

Dr Houston was an answer to our prayers. He is one of the only pain management physicians in the northern Virginia area that know the current, evidence based treatments for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Great bedside manner and really listens to his patients history.

January 7th, 2016

Dr. Houston, Donna and Alyx are truly the best team out there. Grand slam - Dr., nurse and office. All caring, concerned and up to date. Shhh! He's the best kept secret in Fairfax County!!!

December 28th, 2015

Doctor Houston is a very competent and compassionate doctor with good options to opioid meds.

December 28th, 2015

BEST Pain Management Doctor in NOVA!

No doubt in my military mind Dr Houston is the absolute best Pain Management Physician in the entire NOVA area! Everything he has done, from Diagnosis to treatment has been spot on - and his personality and bedside manner are entirely above board! Spends time with me unlike any other Dr I have seen for these issues - MUCH MUCH more than previous Pain "Facility" where they simply just Get you in and out in a matter of mins (Nat Spine & Pain) As Retired Military I also highly recommend anyone who is former military to see Dr Houston as well since he is a Retired Naval Dr who started the whole Wounded Warrior Care project at Walter Reed / Bethesda so he has personally seen and treated EVERY type of Combat and military associated wounds / injuries! Cant say how important this was in making my decision to move over to him - having similar terminology and background are a huge variable! Again- there isn't anything negative I could even think of or list here about this Dr. Hands down absolute best in managing my Chronic Pain associated with military injuries and ability to relate/discuss matters with from this field! I have literally seen more relief from Dr Houston in the last year than I have in last 11 years since my date of injury (IED Blast Exposure in Iraq) so he's tracking right on! --had at least 6 surgeries in last 3 months and each one has brought relief I never thought Id obtain before! Thank you Dr Houston for all you have done Commander!! Semper Fidelis !!

October 10th, 2015

Dr. Houston and his staff are all amazing !

October 17th, 2017