Dr. James Howe MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Southborough, MA

March 31st, 2016
The best
I'm really surprised at some of the reviews here. Dr. Howe has been my PCP for 29 years and he's always been great. He really cares about his patients, takes the time to explain things and has always treated me well. I'd trust him with my life.

February 9th, 2016
Excellent Doctor and attentive
100% attentive and explained everything well. Of the Doctors I visited over the years, he is one of the best. Asked appropriate questions to learn about patient and show that he cares about your health. Felt very comfortable that I was with a highly competent professional. Provided cogent summary at end of visit. Organized. Almost no wait time. Medical facility does a good job of taking care of insurance, scheduling, admin, labs etc.. All that is separate from the one on one with the Doctor/nurse, but neither left me wandering the halls trying to figure it out.

November 29th, 2014
Arrogant and incompetent
Saw him once long time ago with a mild thyroid dysfunction, he told me I have a mental health problem. Very superficial thinking, I'd stay away from him. He also needs to tone down when speaking with patients.

July 24th, 2013
Exceptional
I have a feeling the reviews I have read were written by people with some sort of "chip on their shoulder". I have had a #of doctors through the years, and without a doubt Jim is the best doctor I have ever had the privilege to call my primary care doctor. "Beside" Manner is extraordinary, and his overall demeanor is one of a very caring person.

October 26th, 2012
Ground Hog Day
Very distracted, rushed and does not seem engaged. Reluctant to order diagnostic tests other than bloodwork, or to refer to a specialist unless you become angry and force the issue. I have chosen to see a different provider, having been his patient for 6 yrs, and every visit is like the first time he is meeting me.

April 2nd, 2012
ruined my life
not worth the time or emotional effert

July 21st, 2011
Dr. Howe ignored my paralyzed son for years and then dumped him as a patient without notice. What else can I say?