Dr. James Hughes MD Patient Reviews

2.3
  • 2 reviews

April 16th, 2012
Poor
my mother was admitted to Conroe regional on Thur. for signs of what seemed like a mini stroke. Her BP was over 200 (the top #) vomiting , severe headache. She was there several days her headache never went away completely, her BP kept spiking off and on. And her liver enzymes were elevated. Her gi dr wanted keep her till monday. Hughes was going to send her home on the 4thdaywithout checking her Chart. I made a stink about it and I guess then checked her chart and realized her BP had spiked again. So he kept her. First thing mon. He wanted to relese her again, and they had not even checked her blood yet to see if her enzymes had gone down anymore. Further more I had a request as of Friday for dr. Hughes to call me because a had a few specific questions for him. As of mon. He still had not called me. I called back Again for the third request (monday) and the nurse said dr. Hughes told her that my mother was a competent adult and could ask her own questions. What a lousy response. When a patient is so sick and can barely speak, much less hardly function how can they ask questions or even realize what questions may need to be asked. I suggest taking your loved one or yourself to another hospital if you have serious symptoms or illness. Try the medical center.

June 17th, 2010
poor
he makes a family wait in the hospital room all day and then tells them we need to get in touch with hospice. He is sending my mom home in care of hospice and she is not ready for hospice she is still taking chemo. There was another Dr. Yau that filled in for him and told us he did not want to give up on her because he thought she would get over her infection but now Dr. Hughes is back and he is sending her home today.