A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Huhta:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Huhta is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Huhta, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 25 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Aortic Coarctation
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Fetal Diseases
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Heart Septal Defects
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Holter monitoring
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Mucocutaneous Lymph Node Syndrome (Kawasaki Disease)
- Percutaneous Arterial Septic Defect (ASD) Closure
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Huhta graduated from University of Wisconsin at Madison. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Huhta has 24 hospital affiliations:
- South Florida Baptist Hospital
- HealthPark Medical Center-Lee Memorial
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Huhta accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 2 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James C. Huhta practice?
Dr. James Huhta practices Pediatrics, Pediatric Cardiology, and Cardiology near Saint Petersburg, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Orlando, FL and Tampa, FL.
See Saint Petersburg Pediatricians and Saint Petersburg Cardiologists.