Dr. James Hurst MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 20th, 2016
Too Many Patients
Dr. Hurst is a great doctor with a great personality. My eighty-year-old patients go there. But don't expect to ever see him! You will always see a nurse practitioner! Return calls take forever .....if you ever get one.

May 9th, 2015
Was just fine.

February 3rd, 2015
I went to see Dr. James Hurst today, and I am highly impressed with this doctor!!! Not only is he highly intelligent, he has the best bedside manner and professionalism I have encountered to this date. His nurse was very kind and professional and it was just such a positive experience I have to say hats off to Dr. James Hurst at Summit Medical Center in Halls and if you need a great internist go see him!!

February 28th, 2014
Could have died !
Just moved into the state of Tn from the west coast. Didn't know many people in Tn nor doctor referrals from anyone . Found summit medical group office because of proximity to my residence when searching for doctor. Had to wait a week or two for initial new patient apt. I had been off my meds completely due to office waiting time for accepting new patients and insurance acceptance . I was having flu like symptoms , sweaty, headache , emotional because I felt so terrible. Doctor hurst Jr. diagnosed my illness from side effects of being off my medicines and possibly flu and I should feel better once I restarted my meds . Five days later I was in emergency surgery for five bypass open heart surgery . If I was given an EKG in office because of all my symptoms related to signs of heart attack my heart attack could have been avoided . If your having flu like symptoms , feeling depressed , irritable , without energy , headache , sweaty ask for EKG I answered all new patient questions Family history of heart disease , heart attacks etc. , but didn't get an EKG which may have prevented heart attack and emergency open heart five bypass surgery !

November 13th, 2012
Review for Dr James Hurst
Dr Hurst is very personable, explains as he is examining you, never makes you feel that you are unimportant. I highly recommend Dr,, James Hurst to anyone seeking a Dr.

July 5th, 2012
Dr hurst is the best doctor I have ever had!!

April 27th, 2010
Great Doctor!
Dr Hurst is excellent. He keeps up with what is new and is very open to alternative means if that is what is called for. Very proactive in managing our health care.