Dr. James Hurwitz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Hurwitz?

Colonoscopy

Have you seen Dr. James Hurwitz?

2 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Dissatisfied

Showing 2 Ratings with 1 Comment

May 29th, 2010

bait and switch - no mercy for pain!

i got the bait and switch treatment. i got hurt on job and interviewed doctor for a 4.9 size hernia. he explained the whole procedure and i asked on pain meds after. i asked for the strongest med he could give me for the first week and then wein downward. he said the percocet and i asked for the strongest 10. he assured me yes. i said the same thing 1/2 hour before surgery and he said he's change in scrubs and give my husband the script. i ended up with endocet 5-325 which did not kick it. i called the office late that day and got an attitude of "everyone is gone and you must be doing too much or the med would work" (sure i got hit with the scalpel two times). i thought he'd call me back. then i called the service who called the on call dr. bruno who said to the service he won't give me anything in conjunction or stronger. the next day i called and asked for the on call dr. who was bruno and treated me badly even though i apologized for calling him on weekend. he said our office doesn't give stronger than endocet 5-325 every six hours. i have two hernia cuts one across the abodmen of 4.9 size and one in the groin and crevice of the right leg. bruno was rude and said "thank you for calling our office won't give stronger than this". the nurse mgr. on this case also felt this was inappropriately handled and also the dose too low for what i suffered. i would not recommend as it was a bait and switch i got and once i signed the paperwork and they get paid - i was a dust in the wind suffering in pain. i have no help at home and now my son will have to help me and take a couple days off school. no bedside manner - no respect to the patient - ignored after the surgery and the office grew cold after surgery and my mom witnessed me being very professional on the phone to them. NEVER AGAIN. my detective friend said he got better treatment and stronger meds, but then again he is a detective. maybe wc patients aren't worth it to them. all i know they started out fine and hurwitz LIED TO ME OF THE MEDICATION HE WOULD PRESCRIBE and my husband sat right there with me as we were about to go into surgery when he handed him the script and wheeled me away.

July 10th, 2014