Dr. James Cole Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Cole?

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Autism Spectrum Disorder

May 11th, 2017

Staff is taking away from wonderful dr.

I have a hard time excusing some of the tough times I have had with getting my medication on time . Went 2 weeks once with no call back , had to show up there , 2nd time I waited 3 weeks to have my prescription's handled . AMAZING DR. not so good secretaries :/

April 25th, 2017

Unprofessional and extremely rude staff

Never anwsers the phone or returns calls even if a call back is requested. And each month I have to call four or more times in order to have my scripts sent in and they will be three days or so over. I was prescribed these medications and need them each day... Not to be without them. And I pay to have my script processed each month so I especially don't understand and I call with excessive amounts of time availebefore more script is due. Dr Cole is great but I pay to see him because my insurance is no longer accepted... And I chose to stay dispite that because hes great however his staff makes me think I should save my 150$ and avoid the headaches

August 17th, 2015

LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT

Dr. James Cole PHd this doctor is Patient first what more can anyone ask

January 1st, 2014

The best Doctor for musculoskeletal-injury in the Capital District

It goes without saying that James Cole is the finest Doctor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in the Capital District. Any patient who has met with him is certain to agree with this estimation. It is the combination of both his remarkable competence coupled with his friendly and understanding personal manner, that makes him stand out in my mind as the one doctor I have seen, whom I would recommend without reservation to anyone suffering from a musculoskeletal injury. Having suffered from sciatic nerve pain due to a herniated disk, I regularly see an Orthopedist, my PCP, as well as a Gastroenterologist for a secondary condition; and having had sever medical conditions for well over a decade, I have met with many specialists in various fields over the last ten years. Out of them all, Doctor James Cole is, without question, the finest physician I have ever had to see. Through Dr. Cole's use of Electromyographical tests, the particular areas of my spine which have been damaged have been individually identified, so that I can now carefully strengthen those areas and also avoid certain motions, which might cause further injury. I would also like to respond to an earlier post, in regards to Dr. Cole's staff. When scheduling appointments or arranging for prescription-renewals I have met with both secretaries, and far from having any problem with them, they have always been both friendly and accommodating for virtually any request I've had, be it rescheduling an appointment or delivering a message to Dr. Cole. I was truly dismayed when I read the earlier post on this website, to see that another patient had had a negative experience with them. It just really surprised me, because I have never encountered any of the difficulties which that patient recorded above. Let me cite an example of a situation where both of Dr. Cole's assistants were involved and really went the extra mile to help me. A recent injury further complicated the problems with my back, giving me upper shoulder pain along with my original sciatic leg pain. In order to figure out exactly what had happened, the staff was able to arrange for an Electromyographical Test in less than a week. When I went to the appointment it was clear that they had both gone out of their way to squeeze the in time for my test, despite the Doctor's busy schedule. In comparison to Dr. Cole's Staff, the secretaries for my Orthopedist were unwilling to schedule an appointment for me at that practice for over one month, despite the urgent need for diagnosis! The negative experiences I have had with other physicians and their staff have only served to highlight the quality of care I have received for Dr. Cole's Medical Practice. In conclusion, Doctor Cole is the best doctor I have ever needed to see. Look, having a severe injury in the first place is terrible; it can be both agonizing and debilitating in and of itself, so it's important that going for medical treatment of that injury, be as pleasant and easy as possible. Doctor Cole and his friendly staff make needing to go to the doctor not such a bad thing. Both of the secretaries have the experience and understanding needed to help a disabled person feel welcome. While Doctor Cole himself, (with his comprehensive understanding of the nature if musculoskeletal pain, coupled with his meticulous diagnosis of the patient's specific injury), really is beyond compare in my personal experience.

August 31st, 2013

Amazing doctor, rude staff

I have never met any doctor who would sit and talk with you for over an hour. Dr. Cole did just this. He listened, went over my chart, asked me questions and well as let me ask questions. As with other doctors I have seen he didnt belittle me or make me feel like all the pain is in my head. He cares and listens to you. After almost 10 years of feeling hopeless, Dr.Cole has given me hope , that in time I will be able to do things I have always dreamed of but gave up on. While we are still trying to figure out what works/doesnt work to help him , I have no doubt that together will will get through this. I will go as far as to call him my Savior!!. When I had a problem that the Dr knew I would have, he told me to call. When I called I was yelled and screamed at saying I would have to wait another 3 months until my appointment to change the meds that currently aren't working like I hoped. They would not even squeeze me in or try to until my next 3 month appointment, This really upset me because Dr.Cole knew that what he gave me was not what it should be for my level yet didn't want to put my body in shock.. Since we completely changed my previous meds I did not want to start everything at full speed. He understood and told me if I didn't see improvement to call and he would get me in, yet when I did, I was treated very rude and felt very hopeless. I know it wasn't Dr.Coles fault but I think maybe it is time he let go of the rude cold hearted ladies at the desk and employ some others with even a 1/4 of a heart. It broke my heart that I could not accompany my wife in taking our daughter to her first year of college and helping her settle in. I am hopeful I will be able to next year and also in 2 years when my son goes off to College. Wonderful Doctor, but the staff is unbearable.

July 9th, 2013

The only one who understands. Period.

Dr Cole not only takes his time, he likes to get to know his patients. I believe him to be ethical, and compassionate. Other Docs in the area will not give you a good review of him because he does prescribe meds. I am a Cancer survivor, nHLymphoma. My chemo was very intense over 6 mos then maintenance for 2 years. My fibromyalgia unfortunately was elevated due to this. When my ins. company dropped him, my PCP prescribed my meds and weaned me down, then fired me when I lost my meds in a move during a divorce. I have just called and will be returning to Dr Cole, and will be paying out of pocket. I can't afford it, and i cant stand the pain. I was recommended to him by a friend and put it off for years. I am really glad I found hime esp. in this age of 'you're a drug addict if you take this drug or that". As if they didnt save my life when i had cancer!

February 18th, 2013

Compassionate Care

Dr Cole is wonderful. Asks questions but unlike my other doctors, actually listens to me. My primary care doctor couldn't treat me properly for damaged knees and worsening back issues. Dr. Cole took the bull by the horns and gave me hop for some normalcy in my life -at least physically. A great doctor.

July 14th, 2012

Dr Cole is a specialist in Physical Medicine. If you have a serious permanent painful injury then this is the kind of Dr that you need. Pain management does not address the issues that arise from a long term, life altering injury. Most people don't even want to be on pain medicines let alone be "pain managed". Only a specialist in physical medicine understands and treats patients with extreme injuries. Dr James Cole helped me to understand my injury and has helped me to make the best out of it. It was over ten years now. He is a true professional.and You would think he was a good friend. Understanding of good days, bad days, dumb days, and rainy days. He is the best Dr I have ever met

December 2nd, 2011

Great Doctor, Staff horrible!!!

This is the best physican one can ask for.BUT BEWARE of the office staff! Yes the office staff. They are RUDE and at the least quite unprofessional! T ...

October 7th, 2011

I am so impressed with this doctor. I was with a different pain doctor prior and I suffered with horrible pain for 9 months. I was in a very very bad accident and substained many injuries. This doctor is compassionate and empathetic. I have much better pain relief and cannot believe how very bad I suffered in pain with another doctor. I wish I would have started with Dr.Cole long ago! I am so thankful for this doctor!

September 27th, 2017