A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Fischer, MD, PHD is board certified in Therapeutic Radiology.
He has special expertise in 4 Areas, including Breast Cancer, Head and Neck Cancer, and Radiation Oncology.1 more special expertise area
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Fischer graduated from Harvard University , Boston.More Education & Awards
Dr. Fischer has 13 hospital affiliations:
- William W Backus Hospital
- Waterbury Hospital Health Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Fischer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Anthem - 17 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Community Health Network of Connecticut - 3 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. James Fischer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James J. Fischer practice?
Dr. James Fischer practices Radiology, Therapeutic Radiology, and Radiation Oncology near New Haven, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Norwich, CT and New London, CT.
See New Haven Radiologists and New Haven Oncologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Diego Fischer, Dr. Jacob Fischer, Dr. Jacques Fischer, Dr. Jaime Fischer