Family Physicians, Internist, Gastroenterologist (digestive)
Video profile
Upper East Side
Address
1751 York Ave
New York, NY 10128
212-369-2490
Locations and availability (1)

|  Helped me to enjoy my life again!!  |  show details
by Jeani R. on Jan 14th, 2014

Dr. George is the BEST Gastroenterologist in NYC. I went to him during a difficult time in my life 7 years ago after being very sick from Crohn's disease. I was not happy with my current Dr. and was referred to Dr. George by my cousin. At the time I had an ileostomy bag and I just wanted some HOPE that it could be reversed. I was told by my previous Dr. that it couldn't be reversed and he had the nerve to say "you're a young girl, you can live a long healthy life with the bag". I looked at him with tears in my eyes and wanted to say "then why don't you try living with it", but I held my tongue and walked out of his office and never went back. Dr. George told me on the first visit when I asked him if it could be reversed (after looking over all of my medical records), he said let's give it a year to heal and and we'll take a look at it then. He gave me HOPE back...that is all I needed. A year went by, and things did heal and I was able to get a reversal. Looking back through the past 7 years, it hasn't been a bed of roses, but Dr. George is the most compassionate man with the best bedside manners. Whenever I ever have an emergency situation come up - his staff is able to fit me in quickly. And whenever I think something is seriously wrong - he calms me down (I'm very nervous when I go in because of the pain) and he diagnosis the problem and treats me right away. I know I had a lot to say...but when someone changes your life the way Dr. George has changed mine, believe me you can't say enough to thank him.

|  Uncaring  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2012

Waited 50 minutes to see him. He put me on an antibiotic that didn't help. He didn't follow up so after trying for days to get in touch with him, he asked me what my symptoms were. Ok if he didn't remember but he then suggested over the counter remedies, which of course I had tried. I didn't need a doctor to suggest Pepto Bismol! He then told me that he was calling me between patients and basically said I was taking up his valuable time. I have been very ill for months and he was my second opinion doctor. He then suggested I take a fiber pill (another thing I had already tried) and I never heard from him again. I would not recommend this uncaring doctor to anyone.

|  show details
Apr 5th, 2012

Good, confident, caring professional who is thorough and reassuring. I felt listened to and understood during my first visit and very safe during my procedure. Dr. George has a good bedside manner. He diagnosed and treated my condition quickly and accurately, which is not always the case with some Doctors! I highly recommend Dr. George.