Dr. James Kim, MD
Nephrologist (kidney), Pediatricians, Neurologist (brain, nervous system), Sleep Medicine Specialist
Video profile
Good Night Sleep Clinic
2727 W Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90006
(877) 492-4463
Locations and availability (4)

1.5

|  Mother  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2013

Do yourself and your child a favor and never go see Dr. James Kim. His office staff is rude and never follows up with phone calls. We had to make several calls to Dr. Kim's office before any one step would be done. It took over 3 months to set up an appointment with Dr. Kim. The staff would say they did not get the proper documents even though the items were faxed over several times. We even had our primary Dr. call the office. When we finally got an appointment to see Dr. James Kim they sure were quick to collect our payment. The visit with the Dr. was short and non-informative. We had a few tests taken that also took over a month to schedule because Dr. Kim's incompetent staff would say they needed to get an authorization from our insurance(dual-coverage PPO). After the tests were done, we had to call the Dr's office to obtain the results. We asked to speak with Dr. Kim and the staff said he does not speak on the phone. We then asked if we needed to make a follow up visit to go over the results of the test and they said no. We are still left with a sick child and no information. Onto CHOC hospital.

|  Satisfied with office experience  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2013

As I walked in, I walked in on time the staff was very nice and helpful. Once being roomed I was told that the doctor was finishing up with a patient and would come in shortly. Once the Doctor came in he was very nice and asked me what was the reason I was there, to see if I had an idea of why I was being referred to see him. I was pleased with my experience in the office. Besides the Doctor having a nice office, he had very nice and helpful staff. I was very please with the experience.

|  Worst experience  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2013

I recently was referred to this doctor, and have never been treated in such a rushed/rude manner I was literally out in 15 minutes, my daughters pediatrician takes longer than that! It felt like a rushed regular checkup. He didn't bother to bring up my family genetic disorders and when I brought in some information that might help he turned it down and made it seem as if it was irrelevant! At time I could not understand him and he seemed annoyed when I would ask for him to repeat himself! I'm livid with this doctor and would never recommend him! I'm hoping for a better second opinion from a thorough doctor with compassion!

|  whoa!! and he has 26 years of experience  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2013

My experience with this doctor was horrible. The first thing he ask me, what are your here for? Which I thought it was a rude question just they way he asked. (what is the point for asking for the patient history and don't bother reading it.) I felt like he didn't want me there but was obligated to do so. I waited in the lobby for 20 minutes and was out of there in 15 minutes. He didn't have no compassion towards my child but his a child neurologist. I don't recommend this doctor at all.

|  Go somewhere else!  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2012

I took my daughter to see Dr. Kim in Shreveport years ago. She has special needs. We learned absolutely nothing from him. He has a horrible bedside manner and made me feel like I had dropped my daughter on her head and that is why she had a brain bleed. That isn't the case at all and it happened during delivery. I have told everyone I know that we have seen a lot of doctors over the years and he is by far the worst one that I have seen to date. I am sure he had to move far away from here because no one wanted to see him.

|  Patient Victim  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2011

Absolutely the most rude and single most unprofessional doctor I have ever, ever encountered in my life! I arrived early for my appointment (2:45 pm on 11/29/11) and waited 30-40 minutes before going into the exam room. Drove 82 miles to see Dr. Kim and my husband took off time from work to accompany me. Five minutes later the doctor came in muttering something like, "Busy, busy day." He asked why I was there and I started to tell him about the very serious health issues I had been experiencing the past 3 months. He then told me he had only 10 minutes of his time to spare and asked if I could come back later? Thinking he was referring to later in the day, I said I could but when I realised he meant making another trip in a week or two, I became upset asking him what kind of doctor has his a new patient come back because he's having a busy day. I became enraged since no doctor has ever been so rude and so very unprofessional as this pompous jerk. Do not waste you time with this guy especially if you are Korean because he appears to not like Korean patients at all. Mrs. Y. Combs