A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Merrill:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Merrill is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Merrill
Deep Vein Thrombosis Patient Education Learn all about symptoms and treatments for deep vein thrombosis by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Merrill Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Merrill, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Merrill graduated from University of Washington, Seattle. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Merrill has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Johnson City Medical Ctr
- Indian Path Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Jay Merrill MD is a male Internist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- Where does Dr. James J. Merrill practice?
- Dr. James Merrill has 6 office locations.
Dr. James Merrill practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology near Kingsport, TN.
Additional practice locations include: Abingdon, VA and Elizabethton, TN.
See Kingsport Internists and Kingsport Cardiologists.