Dr. James Meyer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 22nd, 2014
Horrible office organization
Can only schedule online. Impossible to talk to a live person. There address is completely wrong on google maps. Showed up an hour early in terrible pain and couldn't find the office and no one retired phone call for 4 hours. Then was told I'd have to wait another 2 weeks with the excuse "we were just swamped today". No care whatsoever.

August 30th, 2013
Great table-side maners.
Both He (and his wife a Dentist), Are very easy to talk to, open to listen to your thoughts, and willing to do all they can to accommodate you, and your needs. We found him when He was just starting out. He moved to a office that we had just left due to them dropping out Insurance. He worked the system to clear the Insurance issue, so that we could come back and follow him. That was about the time we moved to Parker and felt that it was too far to go. Now I find that he is in Parker also. Nice to Know. Worth a visit. I'd love to see how he has progressed! I posted a 4 for what was a 3-4 tossup. He was fresh in the field and eager to please, willing to keep digging to find an answer. We moved before our answers were found. I'm sure he would have still kept on top of connecting the dots.

August 22nd, 2013
I have nothing but great things to say about Dr.Meyer.I have found his professionalism,demeanor and attention to detail to be unparalleled.I would recommend him highly to anyone seeking a personable,caring and trustworthy physician.

August 22nd, 2013
It's sad to read these negative comments about Dr Meyer since I think he is a very professional and caring person. I have gone to him since before he moved from Clinix and have always thought he gave good advice He sent me to a bariatric specialist for a problem and it was the absolute right thing to do and I wouldn't have thought of it. Once I had been called back and the doctor had an emergency in another room. When he came into mine he apologized and said he would do the same thing for me. I just thought "I hope he never has to". I also think he now has a more professional person at the desk.

May 3rd, 2013
This was our first visit to Dr. Meyer. I was very impressed with the time he took to talk to us about all our concerns. He was very knowledgeable about the medications my son takes. The wait to see him was a bit longer then I am used to, but I think its only because he really takes time to talk to you and understand what your needs are as a patient. I'm very happy to have him as our new family doctor.

March 8th, 2013
Not flexible
My wife really needed to be seen. She was seen by the practitioner (she normally sees Dr. Meyer) for symptoms that were flu-like and meningitis-like. They did some tests and she didn't have a flu and her blood work came back normal. The practitioner called back the next day and leaves a message to let us know that everything looked good and that if she was feeling worse, to give them a call. Well, my wife was feeling worse so we called back to see if she can see Dr. Meyer and the receptionist was able to squeeze her in but will have to wait awhile. When my wife told me about this, I called back to find out how long "awhile" was because in a previous appointment, we've had to wait an hour AFTER our scheduled appointment time. She was not able to give us an accurate answer and told me that they were just busy, but acted concerned that she really needed to be seen. We had to be home at a certain time for our kindergartner to come home from school. Then I asked about the co-pay and her concern left her tone of voice. We have medicaid which is a $2 co-pay and I'm currently unemployed, in which I collect unemployment that just gives us enough to live off and we're in-between paychecks - needless to say we didn't have it. She told us that we couldn't be seen and gave us an analogy of "You can't go to the grocery store and get something for $2 and not pay for it.". WHAT??? I see it pretty irresponsible to not see a patient over $2. We see other specialists who are very flexible over the co-pays where they don't collect until a certain amount is reached, like $10 or 5 visits. That seems fair and works for people like us. I promptly cancelled the appointment and we'll be taking her to the ER, where we can explain it to the staff there. There's nothing wrong with the way Dr. Meyer practices medicine, but the way he allows his staff to over-book and make comments like that is not acceptable.

March 8th, 2013
too busy for patients, very long wait time
"We are really busy"...this is all I hear from this office. So is everyone else. I can't afford to have my time wasted either. I'm trying to find out whats going on with me and I'm sick of the diva attitude like my conditions aren't severe enough. "We will squeeze you in, but be prepared for a long wait". Are you kidding? I'm seriously ill right now. Constant fever ,whole body hurts, migraine, chills, the worst neck pain ever, and these aren't even half the symptoms I'm experiencing. Everyday gets worse, flu test was negative, is no one concerned? I will be going in this afternoon and I will be posting another review. Very unsatisfied.

July 24th, 2012
I regard and recommend Dr Meyer very highly.He spends time with me and listens to my concerns. Then he will take his time explaining his course of treatment. Very easy to get along with.

September 4th, 2011
Not happy at all with Dr James Meyer.Do not go to him.