A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James O'Brien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James O'Brien is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James O'Brien, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Defibrillator Implant
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Brien graduated from Royal College Of Surgeons In Ireland, Dublin. He has 2 awards.
Dr. O'Brien has 12 hospital affiliations:
- St Peter's Hospital
- Samaritan Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Joseph O'Brien MD is a male Internist, has 22 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- Where does Dr. James J. O'Brien practice?
- Dr. James O'Brien has 3 office locations.
Dr. James O'Brien practices Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology near Albany, NY.
See Albany Cardiologists.