A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James O'Brien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James O'Brien is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. O'Brien
Pulmonary Embolism Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications available by reading our pulmonary embolism patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. O'Brien Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James O'Brien, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Defibrillator Implant
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Brien graduated from Royal College Of Surgeons In Ireland, Dublin. He has 1 awards.
Dr. O'Brien has 14 hospital affiliations:
- St Peter's Hospital
- Ellis Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James J O'Brien MD is a male Internist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- Where does Dr. James J. O'Brien practice?
- Dr. James O'Brien has 3 office locations.
Dr. James O'Brien practices Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology near Albany, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Oneonta, NY.
See Albany Cardiologists.