Dr. James Oconnell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

June 9th, 2015
Scared the Crap out of me
I was prescribed a steroid by another dr., with refills for a year. I took them, it was great. I didn't know any better. So, that dr. retires and I go to Dr. McConnell who had NO bedside manner or awful bedside manner. He also was most annoyed that he didn't know how he was going to charge me for my visit to him to get help. His explanation as well of what would help my carpal tunnel scared the crap out of me, insensitive, brusk, I don't think he likes his job. This happened about 4 years ago. I just read the other reviews and realize I am not alone.

September 23rd, 2014
patient in need!
I don`t really know where to begin with this inadequate controlling dry and dumb sense of humor... worse bed side mannered annoying and lousy Dr. which me, my friends, and entire unhappy family feel for this Dr. because of his insensitivity and ignorant skills as such. If you are searching for a Dr. please at any cost bypass this office... and if you are unlucky enough to acquire this Dr. when visiting him at North Park professional building in Chattanooga Tn it is because as a rule the Dr. with the least amount of patients will be the Dr. the office picks for you and it will be the reason you acquire this one ... and the reason for that is because most of his usual patients have been wise enough to know when enough is enough with him. beware of this individual... this is not the place where you want to be when your life has changed due to unfortunate health. I have sat in his office and seen with my own eyes peeps leaving due to appointments being postponed and or stalled . so I totally concur with the other posts I have read. I know I will never be going back to this place and I am here to warn others not to make the same mistake as I have

June 14th, 2012
BEWARE!!!
VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH STAFF & DOCTOR! FRIEND THAT ALSO HAD AN APPOINTMENT AT SAME TIME WAITED 4 HOURS & STILL DIDN'T SEE DOCTOR. INSURANCE COMPANY BILLED INCORRECTLY. NOW LEFT OWING OVER $500. FOR NOTHING. YOU MIGHT WANT TO DOUBLE CHECK BEFORE USING THIS DOCTOR!

January 8th, 2010
Wait times are ridiculously long, with pharmaceutical reps getting top priority in admittance to the back office. My last visit, I waited 3 hours, while the staff ignored me as I repeatedly walked to the window to check on the sign in list. Today, the office decided not to open until 10:00 a.m. while I had an 8:00 a.m. appointment. Their answering service had no idea if they would be open or not and they didn't bother to call and let me know not to come! I believe I will find another doctor who treats their patients with more consideration.