Dr. James Shen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Shen?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. James Shen?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 10th, 2017

The best

I love both him and his daughter Janet. Doesn't matter who I see. If you're looking for a pediatrician definitely use them! I highly recommend. Added bonus: no wait time.

June 23rd, 2015

Excellent doctors and staff. Always there for my family. We are planning to move out of state and we will still continue to see both doctors. Wonderful experience overall. Highly recommend.

September 19th, 2014

Dad

Dr Shen has been taking care of my 3 kids since birth I have called him at all times in the 17 years I've been going there and he always gets back to us ASAP. My daughter has a slight heart problem which he detected through his thesis cope. When we went to the heart specialist he was amazed that dr Shen actually heard this. He said 95% of doctors would never have picked it up.

June 12th, 2013

The best, only wish he took adults as well!!

I have four children who are patients of Dr. James and Dr. Janet Shen. Over the course of the past 19+ years they, as well as their staff, have become more than Dr's... They care & love my children. My oldest is 19 and I knew immediately by the way he treated him, with a bedside manner that should be a manditory requirement for pediatricians, that he was my new best friend. I was only 22 and scared to death with taking home this baby & I must've called him everyday for the first six months... He NEVER didn't answer or call back promptly filled with care and concern. Ten years later I went on to give birth to 32 week old preemies and he was right there in the hospital helping to guide us with the best for our preemies medical condition. And finally I have my 5 year old who honestly thinks of going to the Dr. like as if we were gong to visit friends. I myself am an EMT and know only too well how some people have chosen the wrong career and don't belong dealing with patients, let alone children. Both Dr James and Dr Janet were born to be pediatricians. I literally trust them with my children's lives!

April 27th, 2012

Excellent pediatrician

Dr James Shen has been my children's pediatrician since each one's birth and continue to be 20 years later, even after we moved to NJ. Besides the excellent care, he is extremely smart and has always been correct in diagnosing any unusual condition. He also called my house at 3AM when one child suffered from asthma to make sure he was awake for his next treatment and handling it well. Highly recommend him.

November 4th, 2011

The Best!

I LOVE Dr. Shen & Dr. Janet. They are always available and couldn't be more caring about my three sons. There isn't a thing I don't love about them and their staff!

September 28th, 2011

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY , DR CHEN HAPPENS TO BE THE BEST DR ON STATEN ISLAND , AND AM MORE THRILLED THAT DR JANET IS ALSO THE BEST. MY SON NEVER CRIED GOING TO HIS OFFICE OR FOR A SHOT .. HE IS VERY GENTLE AND FUNNY, ALSO VERY QUICK ..

September 14th, 2011

Excellent Doctor

Doctor Shen has been the pediatrician of my son since he was 2 years old and now he is 17He is the best doctor one can ask for, very professional, caring and courteous.

September 9th, 2011

i feel his is the best pediatrician in the world.

January 20th, 2008

waiting time/diagnoses

DR SHENS OFFICE IS VERY BUSY. THE LONGEST I HAVE WAITED IS ABOUT 1/2 AND HR AS OPPOSED TO OTHER STORIES I HAVE HEARD ABOUT OTHER MD'S. WHEN MY SON IS SICK I CALL AND THEY TELL ME TO COME RIGHT IN. DR SHEN IS ALWAYS ON TARGET WITH THE DIAGNOSES HE GIVES, AND MEDS HE PRESCRIBES. I WOULD NOT CHANGE MY PEDIATRICIAN IN A MILLION YEARS.

October 21st, 2016