Dr. James Welch MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Terre Haute, IN

• Good
  • Bad

November 13th, 2016
Saw this doctor over the course of six months; as my treatment became more complex, he grew less and less attentive, missed key symptoms and generally treated me poorly. He has a terrible bedside manner and little interest in patients who need their doctor to "go the extra mile." This all became clear once I got to a doctor who actually caught my symptoms properly and wouldn't quit without pursuing the help I've really needed. My impression is that Dr.Welch is impersonable and even lazy when it comes to the actual work involved in treating patients and treating them well. Don't waste your time and money with a doctor who really only wants the easy cases, but will abandon you when things get hard.

January 19th, 2016
I would never go to this doctor after my experiences taking my parents to him. My dad was in the hospital dying and he did not take time to read the chart and came in as the family was called in to say goodbye and told him how everything on his tests looked good and he would be fine with a little rehab. (He died 2 hours later.) I took my mom to the ER and they sent a message to him that he needed to order a CAT scan. He said there was nothing wrong and there was no point. My mom got sicker over 8 weeks, went to a different doctor who ordered a CAT scan and it turned out there was a major problem. She has to have major surgery that could have been avoided if this doctor ran the right test and listened to his patient and colleagues. What he didn't do was tantamount to malpractice. I am now trying to convince my mom she needs to hold him accountable for the eight weeks of torture.

May 7th, 2015
Snarky smart alec doctor. Greets you with an expressionless stone-face, rushes you & doesn't listen.

May 2nd, 2017