A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Jaggers:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Jaggers, Barton-Elliman Chair in Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Jaggers, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Congenital Cardiac Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Coronary Vessel Anomalies
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Marfan Syndrome
- Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (Sepsis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Jaggers graduated from University of Nebraska, Omaha. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Jaggers has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Duke University Hospital
- Duke Raleigh Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Jaggers accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans - 6 plans
- Colorado Access Health Plan - 1 plan
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Colorado Medicaid - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James Jaggers practice?
Dr. James Jaggers practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Congenital Cardiac Surgery near Durham, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Danville, VA and Aurora, CO.
See Durham Cardiothoracic Surgeons and Durham Surgeons.