A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Jakes:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Jakes is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Jakes, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Diabetes Complications
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Jakes graduated from Vanderbilt University, Columbia.
Dr. Jakes has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Prattville Baptist Hospital
- Baptist Medical Center South
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Jakes accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 23 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama - 5 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Aetna - 1 plan