Dr. James Byrd III Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Byrd III?

February 7th, 2017

Great doctor, very attentive

Dr. Byrd is fantastic. He listens to his patients, remembers everything from previous visits, and wants patients involved in their care.

August 1st, 2016

Literally the best doctor

July 13th, 2015

Mediocre but nurse makes up for it

He doesn't seem to be able to keep the same staff. Every time I go in, there's a new girl at the window. The only one I've seen repeatedly is his nurse Jennifer, and she's really good. Like another review said, she is really good at explaining things because he does talk really fast and doesn't stay in the room long enough. She explains my medicines to me and is really nice. I have several family member who have had the same experience with her and love her. He's just mediocre.

January 9th, 2015

Takes the time to get to know the patient.

April 26th, 2014

Dr. Byrd is a good doctor but a weak person. He believes without question everything that his nurse tells him even if it is not the truth. My family was dropped as patients because his nurse said I was rude on the telephone. I was assertive but not rude. Dr. Byrd did not bother to contact me to discuss the issue I was having, he just dropped us as patients.

April 25th, 2014

Good doctor and great nurse

I feel Dr. Byrd is smart and knowledgeable but he talks way too fast for me to understand. I've had many calls in to his nurse and she has been very helpful and takes time explaining things to me. Because of her my kidneys are doing better because of what she told me to do with drinking too much coffee. I do get in and out very fast when I see him but I probably would go to someone else if I didn't have his nurse helping me so much.

March 13th, 2014

Friendly Doctor, Horrible Staff

Dr. Byrd has the BEST bedside manner of any doctor I have ever met, and he is always professional and friendly. However, I do have a problem getting prescriptions correctly sent to my pharmacy and refilled when needed, these are NOT pain meds btw, just normal meds that Dr Byrd himself has prescribed me.The nurses are often rude, especially over the phone. The receptionist is not overly friendly either.

June 14th, 2013

Terrible Staff

Unfortunately, this doctor's front office staff and nurse are just terrible and unprofessional. I finally got fed up and found a better doctor's office with a real friendly staff and great doctor. Stay away from this one!

June 3rd, 2013

Avoid this Doctor!

Avoid this doctor at all costs. The staff is very rude and unprofessional, and the doctor supports this behavior. I have never been treated so rudely by a doctor's staff in all of my life - utter disrespect. I would recommend going to a doctor who has a staff that is courteous and actually cares about their patients.

May 19th, 2013

Great doctor , concerned he is not aware of actions from nurse

Very caring and listens to the patient. Does take the patients input about care seriously and only provides a plan of care that is in the very best interest of patient. When u get responses from his nurse they seem to be her decisions and do not reflect what the care I recieve when I am in office with him. Only concern is if he is not aware then it could cost him patients and he is too good of a doctor for that.

May 19th, 2013

Great doctor , concerned he is now aware of actions from nurse

May 9th, 2011

A great doctor

Knowledgeable, articulate and effective. In my opinion, all primary care doctors should emulate James Byrd.