Surgical Specialist
Coordinated Health
2775 Schoenersville Rd
Bethlehem, PA 18017
610-861-8080
Locations and availability (7)

2.5

|  GREAT DOCTOR,REALLY COMPASSONATE & CAREING  |  show details
by BOB DOTTERY on Aug 19th, 2014

THE HOSPITAL WAS GREAT, GREAT CARE,I HAD TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO,DOCTOR HOFFMAN DID A GREAT JOB,,TAKING CARE OF ME,.I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM, I WOULD GO BACK ANY TIME,IF I NEED MY OTHER KNEE DONE,THE STAFF & NURSES WERE GREAT ALSO,.THANK YOU DR, HOFFMAN,& YOUR NURSES,

|  Definitely get a 2nd opinion....  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2013

Dr. Hoffman told me that my labrum was almost entirely torn and that physical therapy would just make it worse. He was also rather rude with me (because I was young and asking if I would be okay after surgery to take part in my college's Snowboard Team) which upset me and my mother quite a bit. After a 2nd opinion, my labrum was not torn nearly as bad as he had said, and the doctor said surgery would have been a bad decision and recovery would've been three months longer than Hoffman said. I did physical therapy, am fine, and take part in the snowboard team just fine. Overall, BAD EXPERIENCE. I would recommend OAA orthopedics for legitimate experience and don't let Hoffman push you into surgery without a 2nd opinion.

|  show details
Jul 27th, 2012

Doc. H shows concern and discusses treatment with me. He listens and addresses any and all pertinent information at hand. Dr. H is the most trustworthy and honest orthopedist you may ever come across.

|  waited over 90 minutes  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2012

I waited for over 90 minutes during my first visit. Dr. finally came in. I am assuming he had looked at my MRI and xrays but he never said anything about them. After about 20 seconds, he suggested i have a cortisone injection. I did and had a piece of paper with questions on both sides that i wanted to ask. I couldn't really ask any because he rushed out of the room and down the hall. I really needed to speak and ask questions as i have been suffering for 5 months. 5 days later and i still am experiencing pain and discomfort....sometimes worse than before.I waited for over an hour and 15 minutes to see him so i assume he was busy but come on, i paid to see him and had to take 3 hours off from work (i had only scheduled 1 hour).

|  Joint replacements/ Dr. James K. Hoffman -Coordinated Health  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2010

Dr. James K. Hoffman- I have severe Rheumatoid Arthritis and Dr.J.Hoffman has done 4 joint replacements. He is a great surgeon and the 'Best BEDSIDE' manner you will ever find in a Doctor. (I have been to many.) He gets to the facts - but in a way that is kind and thoughtful. He lets you think about it and will take the time to hear your questions or comments. You know when you leave you will be in good-hands (and you will be)! The new Surgical Specialty Center at Coordinated Health (Hospital) is amazing!! I didn't have that anxious feeling you sometimes have at other large hospitals. Again, its amazing and very relaxing!! (Not like the Hospitals you are use-to. Thanks for being a great surgeon (Dr.J. Hoffman.) Sincerely, Vicki Oscavich