A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Liu:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Liu, Neurosurgeon, Skull Base Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Arnold-Chiari Malformation
- Auditory Tumor (Acoustic Neuroma)
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Cancer (Craniopharyngioma)
- Brain Cancer (Meningioma)
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Facial Nerve Pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia)
- Gamma Knife Surgery (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- Hemifacial Spasm
- Image Guided Surgery
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Pineal Gland Tumor (Pinealoma)
- Pituitary Diseases
- Pituitary Gland Cancer
- Pituitary Gland Tumor (Prolactinoma)
Education & Awards
Dr. Liu graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Liu has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Oregon Health & Science University Hospitals And Clinics
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James K. Liu practice?
Dr. James Liu practices Neurological Surgery near Newark, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Portland, OR.
See Newark Surgeons.