A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James O'Brien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. O'Brien
Read all about venous thromboembolism symptoms and treatments by reading our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. O'Brien Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James O'Brien, FACP, FCCP, MD is board certified in Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Lung Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Brien graduated from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis.
Dr. O'Brien has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Centura Parker Adventist Hospital
- Centura Health-St Anthony Central Hosp
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James K O'Brien FACP, FCCP, and MD is a male Internist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- Where does Dr. James K. O'Brien practice?
- Dr. James O'Brien has 1 office location.
Dr. James O'Brien practices Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease near Norfolk, VA.
See Norfolk Critical Care Practitioners and Norfolk Pulmonologists.