A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James O'Brien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. O'Brien
Grass Pollen Allergy Patient Education Guide Read all about allergy symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals' grass pollen patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. O'Brien Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James O'Brien, FACP, FCCP, MD is board certified in Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Lung Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Brien graduated from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis.
Dr. O'Brien has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Centura Parker Adventist Hospital
- Centura Health-St Anthony Central Hosp
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James K O'Brien FACP, FCCP, and MD is a male Internist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- Where does Dr. James K. O'Brien practice?
- Dr. James O'Brien has 1 office location.
Dr. James O'Brien practices Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease near Norfolk, VA.
See Norfolk Critical Care Practitioners and Norfolk Pulmonologists.