A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Kalpaxis:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Kalpaxis is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Kalpaxis, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Corneal Diseases
- Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Kalpaxis graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Kalpaxis has 16 hospital affiliations:
- South Austin Hospital
- St. David'S North Austin Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kalpaxis accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James G. Kalpaxis practice?
Dr. James Kalpaxis practices Ophthalmology near Austin, TX.
See Austin Ophthalmologists.