Dr. James Kang MD Patient Reviews

January 14th, 2017
The best doctor

September 15th, 2016
Excellent
I have been with dr. Kang for 20 years, I would love to know why he left and if he has a office somewhere else. He has done wonders for me and trust him totally

March 8th, 2016
Dr. Kang did my spinal fusion and I am so much better thank you he is a great surgeon

September 11th, 2015
He is great but I just heard today he left the hospital. Where did he go I am looking at possible more surgery soon?

August 19th, 2015
HIGHLY RECCOMEND
Straight forward, I just felt comfortable the very first time meeting with Dr Kang., He performed a 3 disc cervical lam fusion with 100 percent success. All i can say is, in my eyes Dr Kang is the best. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM.

June 19th, 2015
Disgusted patient
I just got back from seeing Dr. Kang and am very displeased. I spent $80 on a co-pay for him to tell me my discs are collapsing at L3-L4 but has gotten worse since he seen me in 2012 when I went to him for a second opinion after I was injured in physical therapy. I was in a car accident a few months ago and I think it aggravated my prior injury. I was seen by his Fellow first who was wonderful and then Dr. Kang seen me next and he says the only thing they could do for me is a spinal fusion but it would just cause me more problems from my degenerative disc disease. So I was sitting in the office in moderate pain as he could see. And he tells me that it should settle back down again as it did before and that within a year my discs will have collapsed and formed bone spurs and my pain will be gone. Ok, I'm fine with that but what can I do now?! I went to him to see if I could get steroid injections because I can't stand being in pain and not being able to stand up erect until a few hours of being out of bed. He tells me the only thing to do is to take anti-inflammatories. I've BEEN taking 800mgs of ibuprofen 3xday for two weeks. It does NOTHING! My PCP does provide me with Percocet 5/325mg 30tabs which I usually get filled every 3-4months and lately I've been getting it every 1-2months because of increased pain related a fairly recent motor vehicle accident. I am amazed that he is ok with letting patients be in pain. It is our right as a patient to be pain free or at least tolerable. Since my initial injury I have come to understand pain a little differently as an RN. And now I am not so quick to say someone is a narcotic abuser. I hate taking pain meds which is why I went to him again for an alternative (steroid injections) or anything to be able to function daily. Pain meds only mask the pain for a short time. He was so quick with my appt I felt rushed. I called his office to see if he could give me a script for steroids to calm my back down (these help more than pain pills bc it helps the inflammation) and she says that his not says for me to take NSAIDS. No crap! But that doesn't help which is why I made the darn appt to see him again in the first place!!!! I just put a call in to my PCP for oral steroids and she called them in with no problem! So don't waste your time going in for an appt unless you want a wasted trip and a bill.

April 24th, 2015
Not honest with patient

April 10th, 2015
Dr. Kang helped me when no one else could. He was the only one to properly diagnose and promptly fix my problem. He is still guiding me. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Ever.

February 10th, 2015
Awesome all around

October 19th, 2014
nikki
Dr.kang performed my neck surgery 5 years ago and took away 90% of my pain. He is an awesome dedicated surgeon. I am again going back to him for surgery for a new injury. Wouldn't go elsewhere. Trust him to fix all of your problems.

April 26th, 2014
Wonderful Dr
Awesome Dr....love him....very nice bedside manner very honest. I recommend him to everyone!!

April 1st, 2014
Staff Assistant, Penn State Behrend
Dr. Kang is an excellent surgeon. A very compassionate, caring doctor. I am pain free due to him!!!! I have recommended him to several people.